Episode Five: Journey to Atlantis

Intro theme:

                         Intro theme:

     Had Amy known she was dreaming, she probably wouldn't have agreed to marry the hunky merman from the ruined kingdom at the bottom of her bathtub

     Had Amy known she was dreaming, she probably wouldn't have agreed to marry the hunky merman from the ruined kingdom at the bottom of her bathtub. But it was love at first sight, or at least irritated her mom to no end, who strictly preferred a scientist or cognitive engineer for her only daughter.

     "What do Merpeople do anyway?" her mom pleaded, pointing at the half-fish prince bobbing waist-deep in the tub's murky waters. "What kind of life is that? And he smells like--"

     "If you say fish," Amy roared, tying back a fiery mane of hair, red as her temper, "I swear on all that is holy... that's it, you will never see your grandchild!" One hand cradling her budding belly, she reached out with the other for the prince's help into the tub (much bigger on the inside) and descended in full wedding dress down steps unseen to wade at his side in the dark water. What she really wanted to say was "I love you" and "miss you," but for some ungodly reason her mom was being super stubborn and refused to attend the wedding, so it might have come out a bit different. Whatever, she was starting to suspect it was a dream anyway- for one thing her mom had been dead for years, and Amy always hated the smell of fish, but she sure as hell wasn't going to admit that now.

    Down they went, down, down to the bottom of her tub, away from the stresses and crushing pressures of the molten shores above. The water cleared the deeper they swam, as did Amy, and by the time the coral castle came into view she broke free and bolted back up, realizing with full lucidity that any time with her mom was well spent, bickering or not; plus she had married enough dream hunks to know it never ends well. They were always too perfect, and perfectly nice, to the point where Amy spends too much of those dreams barfing to thoroughly enjoy.

     But the bathroom was empty when she climbed out; her drenched gown dragged behind, leaving a soapy slug-trail across the linoleum as she slumped to the door. Dang it, she thought, tossing chunks of seaweed from her hair, I should have just stayed with her to begin with... or with the prince at least, that castle would have been fun to explore...