Visiting Pt. 1

This officially kicks off my Hailee Steinfeld one shots! A few quick little notes before we get started here:)

My lovely readers, meet Lyric Mariano. We'll learn much about her throughout these one shots. I truly hope you fall in love with her like you did Callie.

I know lots of y'all are waiting for the second Nat/Scar one shots but I just personally needed a bit of a change. These Hailee one shots will be my main priority but MAYBE I'll consider opening that second Nat/Scar one shot book earlier. I'll have to see. I hope you stick with me.

Lastly, thank you for making this possible. I never thought I'd get this far with my writing on here. I appreciate every single one of you.

Anyway, happy reading my friends.
———————————————————————
Hailee:
On a regular Monday morning, I'm in my dressing room, my hair and makeup artists working on me for our day on Dickinson. I'm scrolling through my phone as they do since there's nothing better to do, besides talking to my artists, of course. I mainly answer texts from my friends and brother and scroll through social media. I've been filming in New York for a while now. It's great. I love it here.

I get the text just when my makeup artists are done on my face. "Holy shit!" I practically scream, jumping out of my seat and startling everyone in the room. "Sorry," I laugh.

"Is everything okay?" one artist asks.

"I-Yeah. Holy shit! Sorry, I just got the best text!"

Lyric Mariano: Hey. I have a break in my schedule. Can I visit?

Lyric Mariano. How do I describe her? She's my absolute best friend in the whole world. She practically is my world. I haven't seen her in a few months due to both of our work and how she's back in California and I've been in New York. I have been dying to see her.

Me: YES

Lyric Mariano: Yay! When's a good time?

Me: Anytime.

Lyric and I exchange a few more texts then I'm called outside to start today's filming. At the moment, Adrian and Toby are talking with our director so I run over happily to Ella who's off to the side.

"You're in a good mood," she greets me.

"For good reasons."

"Yeah? Like what?"

I stifle my giggles and say, "Lyric's coming."

Everyone knows Lyric. Probably because I talk about her all the time. They've all met her before, she flew to New York once when we were filming season one of Dickinson. She loved everyone and everyone loved her. It was a great day.

"Ooo! When?" Ella asks.

"We planned for the end of the week!"

"I can't wait to see her again. She was great last time."

Our conversation is cut off when we're both called over to talk with our director about the scene that's about to go down. The whole rest of the long day is filled with thoughts about Lyric and seeing her.

-Friday-

Along with most of the main cast and crew, we're preparing to film a scene outside the church. I'm constantly checking my phone. Lyric is supposed to get here at some point today. I don't know when, though, so all I've been doing this morning is checking my phone every second I can. The crew knows her and knows she's coming so she shouldn't have a problem getting onto the set.

"God, I hate corsets," I mumble, gently tugging on my Victorian dress.

"Stop fidgeting. It doesn't look good," Ella whispers next to me, a teasing smile playing on her lips. I check my phone again. "Any word on Lyric?"

I groan. "No." I put my phone back on the wooden bench it was on earlier to prevent myself from picking it up again.

We're called to start filming, so we do. It's so hard to stay focused on work, but I do what I can. We film little bits at a time with small breaks in between to discuss and whatnot. While the main crew is going over the scene we just filmed, I'm standing in some shade from a tree near the dirt road. I watch Ella appear in my peripheral.

She nudges me lightly so I look at her. "I think you have a stalker," she says. I furrow my eyebrows but she just nods to my right. My head whips that way and my heart skips a beat.

"LYRIC!" I squeal, lifting my dress so it doesn't lag, and running up to her. She walks faster toward me and, for the first time in months, I throw my arms around her neck and hers around my waist.

"I missed you, Haiz," Lyric squeaks into me.

I pull out of the hug but hold her close. "Dude!" I kinda lightly smack her chest.

"Ow. What?" she laughs.

"You didn't tell me you got here!"

"Sorry! I didn't have time!"

"Give a girl a warning next time," I smirk.

"Yes, ma'am."

I yank her back in for another long hug then take her hand in mine and lead her to my other friends. It makes me smile like a fucking idiot watching Lyric and my friends bond and laugh together. We're all taking an acting break now that she's here. I admire her when she's not looking.

-

At the end of the work day, we're all set free to do whatever. Lyric and I hang out alone in my trailer for now.

"I can't believe it took us this long to see each other," Lyric says as we lay on my bed facing each other.

I get caught up in staring at her. "Yeah," I whisper.

"Anyway, I'm beat. Nap?"

I smile big. Without saying a word, I reach over and gently push her shoulder down so I can rest my head on her chest.

-

Lyric is staying for a few days so I have the pleasure of spending a few nights with her. It's been amazing to finally be able to sleep with her again after so long.

Currently, Lyric is hanging out with a couple of the cast members while I'm preparing to film with Ella and Adrian. I glance back at Lyric who throws me a thumbs up and a smile. When I look back to the scene ahead of us, Ella's staring at me.

"What?"

Ella smirks. "When were you gonna tell me you're in love with her?"

I can't help but start laughing nervously. "I am not in love with her, thank you very much."

"Oh, don't worry. It's clear she feels the same."

I scoff and roll my eyes but a smile creeps onto my lips. "No, she doesn't. We've only ever been friends. Always. But why do you say that? Did she... Did she say something?"

Ella laughs and shakes her head. She just says, "You're adorable." and walks away.