⭐⭐|¦_Nico Has Disappeared_¦|⭐⭐

Start from the beginning

I gave it an experimental swing. I felt really comfortable handling it. I willed it into a ring and it fit in my index finger.

I walked out of the cabin to see Chiron and say I was going to stay with Percy.

***

Percy was waiting outside the car. I greeted his mother "Hello Mrs. Jackson. I hope I'm not bothering you by staying."

She shook her head and smiled "Of course not Ben! Percy told me a lot about you. He said you came to know about the Greek world a few days ago."

"Yeah... Kinda wierd but it's manageable." I said with a small smile.

I sat behind with Percy in the car. She drove us to Manhattan and parked outside a house.

We got down and entered the house. Percy's mother immediately went to the kitchen to get us something.

Percy said grinning "Wait till you eat my mom's baked cookies. They are the best in the world."

I grinned back "Really? I want to taste them."

***

These few days with Percy was really great. We had a lot of fun together. I also showed him my new sword. He was really jealous of it. After examining it, he asked what was its name.

"Why does it have to have a name?" I asked confused.

He replied "It doesn't need a name, but naming it will make you attached to it. Like my sword's name is Anaklusmos, or Riptide."

After some long thinking, I finally named it 'Afthartos' or 'Indestructible'. It was fitting because it cannot be destroyed. Percy tried to examine the metal, but shrugged it off because he didn't know.

We had also been introduced to Paul Blofis, boyfriend of Sally Jackson. After talking to him, he was instantly likeable.

He was a school teacher at Goode High school, where Percy was admitted by his help.

"So Ben, are you a friend of Percy?" Paul had asked.

I shook my head "No. I'm actually his brother."

He raised his eyebrows "But Sally said she had only one child, Percy."

I realised that Mrs. Jackson hadn't told him. I said "Well, actually half brothers. Our father is same."

He nodded his head in understanding, a look of pity on his eyes.

However, on the fifth day, I woke up as usual. There was darkness in the room, which I didn't care about. I walked upto the switch to turn the light on. When the lights turned on three voices yelled "Happy Birthday Ben!"

I fell back in surprise and my hands went onto the omnitrix. I looked up and saw that Percy, Mrs. Jackson and Paul were in birthday caps and a cake was on the table.

I forgot today was my birthday! I laughed and said "Thank you so much. It means so much to me."

Percy helped me up and we cut the cake. I couldn't believe I was 22 now. It only felt like yesterday that I was 10, and on the summer road trip and had just gotten the omnitrix.