41 || Barganing || Part 2

Mulai dari awal

Tommy. My legs finally kick into action and I bolt towards him. 

"TOMMY!" I shout and skid on my knees as I come down next to him. 

Tommy's reaction was just as energetic but far more fearful. His eyes are wide like a frightened mouse and he skitters back, head flicking back and forth in every direction. No doubt the sudden location change has shocked him. 

"Tommy Tommy! It's ok! I'm here Tommy," words fall out of my mouth along with staggard dry sobs. Tommy's brain seems to register what has happened and his tense body relaxes only slightly. 

He tackles me in a hug, his whole body shakes like an earthquake. We cry as we hold one another tightly, neither one of us keen on letting go. 

"Thank you," Tommy wheezes profusely between sobs and shakes. I sit us up and rock back and forth with him running my hand through his blond hair. 

"I'm sorry Tommy, this will only last for as long as I'm here with you," I blubber and curse myself for not keeping it together. I don't know how long I have here but I assume it's not long enough, I couldn't waste our time like this. 

"I'm just glad you're here woman," he tries to lighten my spirits. I want to smack him for thinking about me instead of himself after the trauma he's been through. 

"But how the fuck are you in here?" his voice trembles from the shaking. 

"Tommy we're going to bring you back, I'm not leaving you for dead," my voice cracks but I force away the tears that are threatening just below the surface. Tommy hugs me tighter. 

"Thank you," he says again burying his face into my shoulder.

I suddenly find myself glad he can't see as I spot a flicker in the illusion I'd created. The air flashes from clear and sweet to dark and smokey. Brief, but enough to warn me that I have to leave as much as I want to stay. 

It had felt like I had been here for barely a few seconds, but I know it's been much longer than that. 

"Tommy," I mumble and pull him off me so I can see his face. I wish I didn't, his expression comes close to breaking me. He looked so unbelievably desperate. Blue eyes that has turned red from crying and exhaustion, open-mouthed as he gasped for clean air as if he'd never breathed it before. 

I suddenly know he'd been in here much longer than a few days. A few days doesn't kill a person like this. This is work that only time can do, lots and lots of time. 

"Tommy, I'm sorry but I have to go," I feel myself start shaking. 

"Y/N, please don't leave me in that fucking hell again," he begs and I choke back more sobs. 

"Tommy I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. I promise I won't let you rot in here another day if I can help it."

"Y/N stop! Stay please," he grips onto the fabric of my clothes and I slowly force my legs to push me to stand. Tommy tries to hold on but he falls to the ground. My heart continues to shatter and I walk back slowly. 

I go faster as he starts to crawl after me begging "please". I can only shake my head. 

I bump into the door of the cottage and both of us freeze. We know it's my way out.