Though Grim put up a valiant struggle, he was soon pulled from the hall and out into the cold night air. As the door open and shut, Y/N shuddered, feeling a chill run down the length of her spine and seeping in beneath her skin. It felt like spiders were crawling just under her skin and she found herself rubbing her hands together in an almost nervous fashion.

"We had a bit of trouble along the way, but this brings the entrance ceremony to a close," the Headmaster said with a sigh. Dormitory Heads, please show the new students back to the dormitories. Hm?" He looked around the room. "Now that I think about it, I don't see the leader for Diasomnia, Mr. Draconia around at all."

"That's no different from usual, is it," the man with lion ears said in a bored tone. 

"What? Did nobody tell him about the ceremony?"

"If you're going to complain, you should have done it yourself." 

The loss of one of the dormitory heads seemed to cause a bit of an argument amongst the dormitory heads, and Y/N found herself slowly slipping back into the shadows of the room, hoping to find a bit of peace away from the rest of the crowd. At the mention of whoever Mr. Draconia was, the entire hall started whispering, the new students particularly interested in who the dormitory head was. 

Suddenly, a small man walked up to the front, and though his hood cast dark shadows across most of his face, Y/N noticed streaks of black and pink hair. "I thought he might come, but Malleus really didn't. It seems the invitation 'never arrived' again."

The lilac haried dormitory head sighed. "My deepest apologies. I promise, we didn't intend to exclude you."

"His aura makes it hard to approach him."

'Aura my butt,' Y/N thought, finally at the back of the hoard of students. 'You were all just too scared to talk to him for one reason or another.'

The pink-haired man sighed. "It's fine. Members of the Diasomnia Dormitory can come with me." As the group started leaving the hall, Y/N heard the man mumble, "I hope this doesn't upset him." 

Everyone else quickly left the entrance hall as well, leaving the Headmaster, Yuu, and Y/N in the hall. They were all feeling slightly awkward about the situation, especially Yuu, who was wondering if he would even have a place in this school. He had no magic, and there was no point to him being here, but the fact that he had never heard of any of what he had seen over the past hour or so left him feeling unnerved.

"Then, Yuu," Crowley said. "I'm terribly sorry about this, but we must have you leave the school. Those without any talent for magic cannot be allowed to attend class here."

Yuu felt his face fall, and the Headmaster seemed to notice.

"There is no need to worry. The Dark Mirror will send you directly back from whence you came. Enter the Gate, and picture your home clearly in your mind."

As Y/N watched, moving away from the shadows, she noticed just how scared Yuu looked. His hands were trembling at his sides and he was biting his lip so hard that Y/N was worried that he would draw blood. 

"Oh Dark Mirror! Guide this one back to the place they belong!"

Nothing happened.

"Hmm. Once more. Oh Dark Mirror! Guide this -"

"It is nowhere," the mirror said, cutting off the Headmaster.

"Eh?!"

"The place they belong is nowhere in this world. It does not exist."

"What did you say," Crowley exclaimed. "That is unbelievable!" He suddenly paused. "Hmm, well, the unbelievable has been on parade today..." His eyes flickered over to where Y/N was standing and he sighed. Today seemed to be on a role for firsts at this school. First female student to show up, first time a student had woken up and actually left the coffin before they could be properly escorted out, the first time a strange familiar had shown up, the first time  a student without magic had shown up, and the first time that the student's home was in some place that didn't exist.