CHAPTER THIRTEEN: I'LL STOP THE WORLD AND MELT WITH YOU

A/N: This chapter starts on the Monday night that they leave Santa Cruz, because I need to get on with the plot. WE HAVE A FUNDRAISER TO GET TO. This chapter is LONG, besties. 22 pages. We've got fluff, singing in the car, car blowjobs, car sex, expensive dress shopping, and part one of the fundraising gala. Don't worry! This fundraiser will be FILLED with drama.

CW: Car sex, oral sex (m receiving), jealous!Bucky, daddy kink, inappropriate use of John Walker's handcuffs (Don't worry, John's not the one using them 😏😈). There are also mentions of suicide and sexual assault. We cover a lot of ground in this chapter. It's 10,000+ words.

MONDAY NIGHT

Dahlia feels a small sense of sadness as they pack up the car on Monday night. Over the past 24 hours, she's become entirely addicted to James. He's the best drug she's ever taken. If anyone asked, she wouldn't be able to tell them how many times he's made her come this weekend. It's all blurred together into one of the best times of her entire life. He's so sweet, he's caring, and he gives her the last of whatever meal they're sharing, telling her that he doesn't need it. James is the epitome of generosity, and yet Dahlia cannot escape this inherent sense of darkness the seems to follow him like a storm cloud.

She also can't deny that that darkness draws her to him like a fucking moth to a flame.

The cover of the romance novel that she borrowed from Wanda is in tatters from how many times he's used it to smack her ass.

"You keep it," he told her. "I'll buy her another one."

She loads her bags into the trunk and James smiles at her.

"What's wrong, peach?"

She shrugs, staring back at the house that she's been so comfortable in for the past three days.

"Just having to go back to reality after this weekend kind of bums me out."

He smirks and cups her face in his hands, kissing her softly.

"We have to go back eventually."

"I know... it sucks."

He chuckles.

"I agree." James stares at her and licks his bottom lip. "I want to take you shopping next week for the fundraiser."

"I have clothes."

He shakes his head, his eyes glittering with mischief. He smiles softly.

"If you're going to be with me, you're going to need more than these cute little sundresses, Dahlia." His hand snakes up her thigh and she yelps at the coolness of his skin against her. James chuckles. "I like them, but this fundraiser is black tie only. That means a lot of suits and gowns."

"Sounds pretentious."

He laughs.

"It is. I'll take you, Wanda, and... who's the other girl you hired?"

"Kate."

James nods.

"Kate. Right. She can come too."

"James... this is a lot."

"Dahlia, letting me take care of you means taking care of your friends, too. I'll arrange some fittings at Vera Wang, Chanel, Versace, Dior... you name it, I'm taking you there. Shoes, bags, whatever the three of you need. I'm paying for it. You do not bring your wallets. Is that understood?"

His voice is like velvet. There's a hunger in it that makes her drip for him. Who knew she would get insanely turned on at the thought of a man buying her expensive gifts? Dahlia bites her lip.