It's all about branding

A/N: Hiiiii, I wanted to say, I AM working on part two of 'I know you are' and 'Follow my lead' but I just wanted to write something. This popped up, and I know it's quite different than my normal stories so I hope you like it. Also I will not accept any Kate slander, she is a queen.
And HOLY MOLY these ranking are insaaaaaane!! THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU! Xx
ps. I wrote this at 2:28 in the morning so please ignore any grammar/spelling mistakes

Age: 22
Word count: 2026
TW: none
Summary: y/n is the new recruit.
———————————————————————

'Everyone, this is the new recruit, y/n, she's here for the internship.', Fury introduces during a meeting.

He asked me to train with everyone for the next few weeks, given a video of me that had gone viral where I (accidentally may I add) knocked out three guys. They were being an ass so I swung my fist, but slipped which made me tackle two of them. It looked pretty cool, but actually it was just me being clumsy.

Fury didn't know that. He thinks I'm some sort of martial arts mastermind. This is gonna be interesting.

Steve coughs a few times, as he gets ready to introduce himself. 'Don't worry Tinkerbell, I know your name.', I joke which makes him laugh.

'Okay good to know, but please just call me Steve in front of everyone else.', he asks politely, with smile.

I nod and stick out my thumb.

Fury already told me not everyone was going to be here, so I'm only with Steve, Sam, Scott and Kate.

Kate walks me to my room, and we actually have a really fun conversation along the way.

'Okay so you're an archer?', I ask to make sure I'm not confusing her with someone else.

'Yes, some even call me the greatest archer in the world.', she winks, inviting herself in by taking place on my bed.

'And what do you do? Fury didn't mention.'.

'I'm what they call, a master at the martial arts.', I bluff. Better to keep the lie going I guess.

'So you hit people.', she chuckles. I think about it for a second.

'Yeah. Yeah that's exactly what I do.', I laugh. I'm glad I made a friend here.

I never realized it when I was younger, but growing up doesn't make everything easier. In kindergarten, I was pretty decent at making friends, but the older you get, the harder it becomes. It's not like you can play pretend or something. Well, not really...

Kate stands up and starts walking around the room. 'It's pretty boring here right?', she states.

'I mean, grey walls, neutral colors. Kinda like someone's grandma died here.'.

Hm, weird metaphor but sure.

'Oh got it. You should hang some posters.'. She raises her hands, already framing my wall. 'I think you should be able to hang around two, maybe three of them right here.', she calculates.

'Who do I even need on my wall?', I laugh.

'Harry Styles, DiCaprio in his earlier years...', she summarizes.

'Kate I'm gay.', I interrupt. She freezes for a second. I can almost see her brain working, it's hilarious.

'Right. Slight complication, one moment please. It's no problem of course.'.

'Oh got it. This is even better Tigress. You can hang your pride flag here!', she squeals, turning around to face me.

'Tigress?', I question, raising one brow.