Just a summer thing

A/N: hiiii, sorry for not posting in so long. today, I finally had an idea so right now, at 3:15 am, I finished it. I really hope you guys like it. Also thanks for all the support, you are the best! Xx

Heavily inspired by the song 'Betty' from Taylor Swift. I recommend listening to/before it.

Age: 16/17
Word count: 1613
TW: none
Summary: things happen in the summer break
———————————————————————

Nat's pov:
I messed up.

I messed up really bad.

Me and y/n had been together for about half a year, until summer holiday. She was away with her parents for two weeks, but my foster dad Fury had to work the entire vacation, so I stayed her in Ohio.

Not knowing what to do in all this time without her, I just went to a few parties, with our friends, Sam, Steve, Maria, Carol, Bucky and Valkerie. We asked Wanda too, but she said she didn't like the loud music or something.

I really tried to have as much fun as possible, but without her, I just weren't really happy. That's when Sam decided to add some alcohol to 'ease things up'. We sat hours around the bonfire, and each night, Maria sat a little closer to me. Due to the alcohol, I didn't really look for anything behind it.

I obviously should have.

One night, it all went wrong. It started just like the other evenings. Steve was shuffling a deck of cards as Sam was lighting the fire and Bucky pouring the drinks. I was chatting with Carol and Valkerie, Maria told us she would be a bit later. By the time she arrived, everyone was already a bit tipsy, and for once, Wanda joined us too. She was whispering with Sam in a corner, as Maria seated herself next to me again.

'How's it going with my favorite girl.', she said enthusiastically. I lifted my shoulders, and told her I was just missing y/n. She leant in to give me a hug, but afterwards, she didn't remove her hand from my shoulder. Wanda was staring at us with a confused expression.

When it was around noon, we all sat around the fire, making marshmallows as music was playing in the background. Maria's hand traveled up my leg and lied itself on my thigh. I was already too far to notice what was happening.

'Awh Nat, you're too tired for all of this...', Maria said two hours later, when she saw I was almost asleep. She pushed me on her lap as she played with my hair for a while. 'Why don't I take you home hmm?', she whispered. I nodded, as Wanda looked at me, shocked.

'My car's over there...', I said confused when she walked us to the wrong way. 'I know... but I said I was gonna take you home hm?'. Right. Once I was in the passengers seat, Maria pushed the seat down. She crawled over me as she tried to kiss me.

'Wha-... what are you doing?', I asked confused. 'Helping you forget her a little.', she mumbles as she started unbuttoning her blouse. 'Maria no... stop... I'm with y/n...', I protested.

'Shh... she doesn't have to know, it can be our little secret.', she whispered. I didn't know what to do, and in that exact moment, I made the worst choice of my life.

I just let it happen.

Y/n's pov:
This was the worst summer ever. It started of great. Nat and I went a few days to a resort nearby together before I had to leave, and I even had a few parties with our friends.

It changed quickly though. It had only been five days since I left, when I got a text from Wanda. 'Maria is flirting with Nat.', she told me. I rolled my eyes at my screen, why would she do that.