"I can't talk with you for bit?"

"I guess."

"So what's up?"

"Nothing really." I nodded with a serious face.

"Oh! I never asked how it went with renolds last night, you guys kiss?" He teased.

I smiled just before my face fell. James Renolds, just a guy I've been on a couple dates with.

"Not exactly, he went to the restroom and never came back.. so." I shrugged while keeping my eyes on my jeans.

"Fuck, actually?" He placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded sadly.

"Aw, Ariya I'm sorry. After the game I'll beat the shit out of him.. okay."

"Please don't do that." I chuckled.

"Johnson!" We both heard his coach yell.

He flashed me a quick smile before running off.

"Hey?" I felt a tap on my shoulder before seeing a girl smiling behind me.

"Hey?"

"Are you and Khyson like.. a thing?" She quickly came around and sat beside me. It was no lie that Khyson was attractive and that half of the school drooled over him, girls and guys. If I got a dollar every time someone has asked me if Khyson and I were dating I'd be rich. Although I could count the amount of times I've been asked out on my hand, so.

"No, we're not dating." I shook my head with a sigh.

"Oh! So like I could-"

"I don't care."

"Great!" She smiled.

-

We were losing, there was one minute left in the game and a time out was called. I rested my elbow on my knee and chewed on my thumb nail.

I watched Khyson wipe his forehead before running up to bleachers and bending down in front of me.

"The only way we'll win is with a three pointer, they're gonna ride the clock I-" He shook his head.

"It's fine, it's fine." I calmed him.

"I don't think we'll be able t-"

"You can." I nodded.

He locked out pinkies before brushing his lips over the skin. It was gross but he always did it during his games and I've learned to keep my mouth shut.

He ran back out there before the game resumed.

The numbers on the clock going down, and down and down. I bit my lip in worry.

Twenty seconds.

Khyson was there, with the ball. His feet planted.