Chapter 15: Candied Killer

Začať od začiatku

"My fucking candies!!!" The kid shrieked in anger, glaring with a fury Lan WangJi knew no child should hold.

Lan WangJi growled, "Who are you?"

"You want to know my-"

"I will not ask again!" Lan WangJi let out black wisps at his lessening patience, the boy looking at them with interest.

"You- you managed to control it? So quickly? I've been trying for years with Su Minshan and you got it that quickly!?" The child was in disbelief.

'Su Minshan,' Lan WangJi noted this word down firmly in his head.

Lan WangJi thought about the kid's words and then said, "Fine, how about a deal?"

The kid looked interested and Lan WangJi continued, "You answer my questions, including who you are and everything you are doing here practicing this cultivation. And I'll teach you how to do it properly,"

The kid narrowed his eyes, "And why would you want to teach me?"

"I don't," Lan WangJi spat, "But your nothing but a boy. If you are really going to learn, then you might as well learn properly. If you want, I'll even ask Wei Ying to take you under his wing so you can have proper guidance,"

The kid's eyes brightened at the name of the demonic cultivator, "You'd really let me see Master Wei?"

Lan WangJi pressed Bichen as a warning, "Only if you behave,"

"Throw in an endless amount of candy and its a deal," The kid challenged.

"Fine,"

The kid laughed like a maniac and Lan WangJi just stared at him, demanding answers.

"I am Xue Yang, a guest disciple of this fucking sect. I've been here for a little over two years and tasked with learning demonic cultivator and after Master Wei's death, the recreation of the Stygian Tiger Seal and other inventions of his," Xue Yang rambled with glee.

"...death?" Lan WangJi spit out, ignoring everything else for now.

Xue Yang laughed, "Do you really think you and Master Wei are so subtle? These past two years, there are people who are completely aware that you visit the Burial Mounds repeatedly and that you and Wei WuXian are close!"

Lan WangJi goes still above Xue Yang, who laughs louder at the reaction. He mocks, "Hanguang Jun, you really think the sects would just let someone of Master Wei's abilities to exile without guards?"

Lan WangJi's patience was slipping, "What do you know about the curse Xue Yang?"

"That? Pfft, Su Minshan and I are the one who cursed you!" Xue Yang said with boredom.

"Why?! Wei Ying almost died because of that!" Lan WangJi's voice was rising in anger.

"He's going to die anyway!" Xue Yang snorted, "It's all part of Sect Leader Jin's and Jin Guangyao's scheme to get to Master Wei and his Stygian Tiger Seal. I was ordered to use demonic cultivation to implant a curse inside you, one that feeds off of resentful energy. It's supposed to be a trap for Master Wei, one that will result in his faithful end,"

Lan WangJi stared, expression paling and his knuckles turning white from the tightening grip on his sword's hilt.

Seeing the great Hanguang Jun paling gave the young Xue Yang an immense power. He kept going, eyes sparkling with cruelty, "Since you don't have resentment in your body, the curse draws in resentment from outside sources like corpses and demons you fights during night hunts. And apparently, Master Wei as well! Haha, it would have been funny if he died then, but then you'd be stuck with that curse and impending death. And Jin GuangYao is still hesitant on hurting you since it would affect Zewu Jun, which is amusing to me since he's already done all of this behind his back,"