Part Twenty Two: This World Can Hurt You

"So, what is our plan?" Elena sat down on the chair in Klaus' study, still in the nightgown Hayley gave to her. She was not exactly happy about wearing her clothes but her slight stomach was preventing her from wearing Rebekah's clothes comfortably.

Rebekah walked behind to the chair, placing her hands on Elena's shoulder. "If the Bennett witch can help-" Klaus narrowed his eyes as Elijah spoke. Rebekah cleared her throat to send a warning to her brother. "She can track the magic down, so we can find the witch"

"What makes us think that she would help us, she is after all, one of the very first root of Elena's problem" The brunette narrowed her eyes. "That's a bit dramatic, but I still don't really feel like seeing Bonnie. For babies' and Kai's wellbeing"

"Freya can help, besides she is million times better than Bonnie" Elena nodded her head, resting her head on Rebekah's shoulder as the blonde vampire sat down. Klaus watched her as she let out a silent sigh, and he wished he was his sister at that moment.

They were sitting close, because they were each other's best friend but they were still close. "So it's set, let's do it" Elena's rush made him narrow his eyes, why was she in such rush? Was not she happy with them? "I will bring Freya" Elijah left the room, searching for his older sister, and Klaus was even madder now.

She looked around in wonder, Rebekah comforting her as she was slowly caressing her arm. "It will be alright, I promise" Elena nodded, but still let out a sigh as their eyes met with Klaus' deep blue and fully in wonder eyes. "Come on sweetheart, you need rest"

Elena nodded and stood up, feeling the room spinning, she closed her eyes and it alarmed Klaus instantly. In a second, she was in his arms. She was clinging onto his shirt's collar as her mouth let the escape of a painful whimper. "I am scared"

"Nothing is going to happen to you, or to your children. You have my word" Elena nodded her head and Klaus walked her to her room. She laid down and closed her eyes instantly, she was so tired to sleep but not enough to let her body relax.

"Sleep, love" So she did, as if she was compelled to do so. He smiled softly, placing a little kiss upon her forehead. She did not even feel the kiss, it was that tender and soft. He walked out of the room, crossing paths with Hayley. The brunette narrowed her eyes. "You know, she is still in love with Kai. She won't magically come to the conclusion that she loves you"

Klaus narrowed his eyes, irritated as the brunette werewolf could not help herself but spill what her mind was keeping back. "You make no sense, as always. Maybe you should watch your boyfriend instead of being so intrigued about me and Elena"

Hayley scoffed, looking at the hybrid with disbelief about how he was turning the tables. Klaus brushed their shoulders on purpose before passing her and whispered to her ear. "They are the ones who shared a passionate kiss after all"

Hayley just stood there and sighed, she hated the chokehold Elena had Mikaelsons at. Everyone adored her, Rebekah, Klaus, Elijah, Kol; all of them. And seemed so, her daughter also loved Elena. Hope was obsessed with her, Hayley was grateful that Elena looked after Hope in the Prison World but that was a bit much for a mother.

Hayley shook her head, Elena was pregnant, her boyfriend was being controlled by someone who tried to hurt her and her only ally was the man who turned her life into a hell. She was not going let Klaus to drive a wedge between her and Elena, a girl who was nothing but a victim.

She heard a faint crying coming from Elena's room. She knocked the door and entered in, slowly closing the door behind her. "Hey, I heard you crying and I wanted to see if you are alright"

Elena nodded, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. Hayley smiled sadly, walking close to her bed. "I know we haven't exactly talked before, but I would listen if you want to talk with someone who is at your age"

Elena let out a chuckle, so did Hayley. The brunette doppelgänger shook her head and sighed. "Everything is so much, you know, I feel so exhausted"

Hayley nodded, genuinely interested in her feelings and sadness. "I cannot tell you that it will be better but I have to tell you that you have to keep yourself together. For the babies you are carrying"

"I am lost, Hayley. And as much as it hurts me to say this, I know it better now; I am broken. And how can a broken woman form a family with a broken man?" Hayley held her tears back but deep down, her words touched her soul. Elena reminded her herself, rightfully, her and Elena were really similar. "You are not broken, you are just lost and looking for your savior. And once we get Kai back, you will have your savior back as well. Your hope, your world, your support"

"What if-"

"Don't" Hayley stopped the doppelgänger, holding her hand friendly. "Every what if will hunt you down even more. The only thing we have is now and right now believe in that we will save him" Elena nodded, closing her eyes and squeezing Hayley's hand in the meaning of a thank you. "Thanks"

"I an here, whenever you want to" Elena nodded, laid down and closed her eyes. She really fell asleep this time, knowing someone was understanding her and not faking the understanding between them for any kind of gain. And Hayley was glad to see that she was not the only person in the world who had nothing but her little baby.

a/n: okay so I don't exactly like it when two women hate each other because of a man.