Part Fourteen; Oh, How Fast The Evening Passes

"You know, I never thought living like married couples could be fun" Elena smiled and put her bag to the ground. He smiled and opened his arms for her to come to the bed, into his arms. "How was your day?"

"Tiring, I am doing my best for not to drop out" Kai chuckled and nodded as she kicked her shoes away and laid down next to him. "You will make an amazing doctor" She shrugged and continued resting her head in the nape of his neck.

"What will happen next? What will we do about the maniac coven?" Kai frowned and smiled with pleasure when she said we. It as two of them since the prison world. "We? I liked it"

"We, yeah. We will do everything together"

"What if we have to do things would go against everything you defend, to your morals" Elena frowned and let her head drop to his chest slowly. "I can close my eyes until you are done?" Both of them laughed and Kai nodded his head pretty quickly. He loved how she always wanted to be with him, even though he was using his methods no one really approved. "You know, I made an interesting search today"

"Like what?" Kai took his time, causing Elena to frown. She had never seen him hesitant about talking. "My twin I have to merge in order to take over the coven is one of your professors, and pregnant"

Elena's eyes widened and immediately looked at Kai with worry and fear. "Jo? Jo is your twin?" Kai laughed, masking his sort of worry of Elena disapproving anything he was planning to do. "Aren't you a bit formal for being her student?"

"She is Alaric's girlfriend, carrying his children!" Kai looked unfazed and shrugged. Elena's eyes widened with his reaction. "Kai she is pregnant! If she dies, babies die as well!"

Kai scoffed and stood up from the bed with all he was filled with was regret and mistrust. "And here I thought we were into everything, together" Elena sighed furiously and stood up as well. "Not when you kill my lawful relatives! Alaric was my mother's husband, and these are his children" Elena tried to explain, trying to keep her cool. Kai laughed hysterically and threw his hands to the air. "Oh! Your family, your friends, everything is yours Elena! And what about my plans?"

"Plans? Killing a pregnant woman is your plan?" Kai narrowed his eyes as Elena yelled at him. "Not a minute ago you were saying you were going to support me, I see your love can only run so long!"

"Don't make this about my feelings! What you are planning is beyond everyone! We are talking about killing three people, do you understand that?" Kai's angry expression turned into calmer one, which scared Elena a lot. She stepped back a bit, causing Kai to move forward. "And, what makes you think that I care about it?"

Elena shook her head, backing again and again as Kai walked forward and forward. She took deep yet shaky breaths, making it visible to Kai that she was scared, that she was nervous. "Maybe I am not something you can fix, have you ever thought about that?" Elena gulped, never breaking the eye contact with Kai. "I don't want to fix you, I never did"

"Now, for someone who had dated with a ripper and a psycho, you sound so sure of yourself" Elena's nails were digging into her palm, and she was not even aware that it was bleeding. "I love you, you know this"

"Maybe I don't care about it either" Elena went to say something but her bottom lip trembled, so she could not say whatever she had intended to. "Don't expect me to believe this, not ten minutes ago we were hugging and kissing"

"Maybe I just like messing with your head" Elena hissed with pain, causing Kai's eyes to soft with concern and fear. She opened her palm and looked at the wounds she made to herself. Kai's breath hitched when he saw the blood coming from her.

Elena let her tears to fall as she hid her hand away. "I can't talk to you when you are like this" Elena quickly walked out of her dorm room as she continued crying silently. Kai looked at the emptiness she left until he felt a wetness coming out of his eyes. He touched his face, it was wet, just like when Elena was crying. He was having a hard time adjusting that he was able to shed tears because he was sad.

He continued looking at the emptiness until he saw a drop of blood on the carpet. He did not want to see the fact that she hurt herself, because of him, and it probably hurt her more than it normally would.

No he did not want to mess with her head, he wanted her love, just like he loved her. However, he was aware that she was his conscience, the part he could not let himself to feel if he was going to merge with his twin.

On her way to her car, Elena heard a voice coming from her back. The time she turned around it was too late, she felt someone grabbed her. She tried to fight but she was not able to, from his speed and force she could say that he was a vampire. She struggled long enough before falling unconscious.

Marcellus Gerald looked at the doppelgänger who was now unconscious. It was such a shame she was a leverage in their game. He was aware that Klaus needed her for his hybrids, and he did not want any hybrids around his city, his kingdom.

So he just sighed and drove away, not knowing this was the worst time to kidnap the doppelgänger. Because Kai wanted to find Elena, and if he wanted to find Elena, he was going to find Elena. Probably earlier than anyone else.

a/n: i did what i had to do, this was the twist and the breaking point we needed.