𝟎𝟗|𝐃𝐒𝐌

PRACTICE THE NEXT DAY WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. Elle hadn't come up with the songs to blend together or where the octaves needed to be and so Beca hadn't mixed the songs and so they didn't have the music to play along to and so we're just randomly dancing which wasn't working well for any of them.

Chloe clapped her hands to gain everyone's attention. "Okay, we're gonna beat DSM at their own game. Do what they do, just better. And we're about to do a full skills assessment to blow out our choreography to match." She tiled them all in a pep talk. Exercise stations were set up all around the room, the stairs they used to train last year being recycled once again to practice stretches.

Emily laughed slightly. "But the important thing is that we have fun, right?" She grinned looking around at all of them who looked at her with frowns.

"Uh, Legacy, don't take this the wrong way, but you're the dumbest person alive," Amy commented and Emily nodded slowly.

While everyone was doing the dancing, Elle and Beca sat at a table generating the songs they would use, but between Elle signing her record deal and Beca's internship, the pair had a lot on their plates and thus weren't the most focused in the group.

"Is it weird that we never got around to singing today?" Emily approached the pair and asked at the end of their practice.

"Uh, well, it's kind of hard to start singing without arrangements, and that's on us," Elle explained, quickly stuffing her laptop in her bag before she had to hurry off to the recording studio again.

"Thank you for reminding us," Beca added with a smile.

"Yeah, guys, we're gonna need that ASAP so we can start nailing down our choreography." She explained, grabbing her exercise gear while she was walking past.

"Right on top of that, Chlo," Elle called, groaning when her laptop wouldn't fit in her bag.

"Awes!" She smiled before leaving.

"Yeah, awes," Beca called back as the redhead was walking out of the door.

"So I just wanted to let you know that I've been working really hard on, you know, calming my nerves and keeping my eyes open. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers, maybe. And, you know, with the singing... I don't know exactly where you're gonna put me in the songs, but I..." She rambled and Elle and Beca looked at each other desperately.

"I don't mean to be rude. We just have somewhere that we need to be." Beca excused, nervously looking at the time on her phone.

"Um... You did great today." Elle smiled, rushing out with her laptop in hand and phone in the other.

"Thanks." She mumbled once they had left. Curious about what they were running to.