Chapter 22: Twins (Finale)

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
Tyra_is_day_dreaming
rosechuck_chuck
RoseTheMagicalFlower

3rd Person P.O.V. 

Steven talked to Stephen for on the phone for a few minutes last night after Spinel was brought to the house by his mother. The phone call was short to avoid someone else to listen in on them. Steven can hear the others coming back due to the sound of the Warp Pad and he can hear the exclaims of the gems meeting Spinel. 

Steven was tired, as it was getting dark, and tomorrow was going to be a big day for him. As Steven slept, his dream was very... different than usual. It felt like a vision.

In the dream, Steven was having a weird tea party with the Diamonds and his mother. Pink's cup had something pink liquid in her cup, White's cup had white liquid in it, Yellow had yellow liquid in her cup, and Blue had blue liquid in her cup. They talked about things in outer space while Steven could not stop staring at a plate in the middle of the table with something on it.

It looked like sugar crystals. Steven tried eating one to see how it tasted, but it tasted like glass and it cut his tongue. Pink called him silly for trying to eat Moonlight's shards. 

As soon as he heard that, he woke up and violently spit, as if there was something in his mouth, but there wasn't. This made Steven thought about her shards and the Diamonds. He remembered that Moonlight's shards is in a bubble in his room, and he saw it floating ambient at the ceiling. 

He reached in his drawer and grabbed a vial of the four Diamond essences. The reason why it was put there is because Pink wanted to use it in case Steven's body acted up in case he faced a deadly reaction of his body not having his gem, much like when he had a cardiac arrest last week. Steven threw something at the bubble and it popped.

The shards land in his hands and he pieced them together to make her gem, but it looked cracked. Steven opened the vial and poured it onto the gem. The cracks sealed.

(Steven) (gasp)

The gem formed a body, it looked like Moonlight, but she looks different. Instead of just her Homeworld Solider Uniform, she was wearing black pants (most probably sweat pants) with a white long sleeve shirt with moon symbols on her knees and middle of her shirt, with her gem on the upper part of her chest. She has shoulder pads on her shoulders and a cape on her back.

[You can thank Tyra_is_day_dreaming for Moonlight's new look. I loved what she thought of Moonlight when she drew her, and that's now Moonlight's canon look for now on for any future Steven Universe Stories that showcase her.]

(Steven) Moonlight!

(Moonlight) Steven?! Where am I? Where's Yellow?!

(Steven) Moonlight, relax, you've been killed by Yellow, but I brought you back, the war is over, and Pink Diamond is back?

(Moonlight) Wh-What? 

(Steven) Okay, this'll take a while. 

He inhaled and exhaled before explaining it to her.

(Steven) After you left Earth, we bubbled the Cluster and then I had a fight with the gems about the death of Pink Diamond, then I decided I did not want to be a gem anymore, so I had Stephen, Phoebe, and their friend help remove my gem, which almost killed me. Then, when my gem was removed, it formed a body and instead of Rose Quartz, it's Pink Diamond, and she revealed to be pretending to be Rose Quartz all along and that she became Rose Quartz to be free on planet Earth, her colony. Anyway, so when Pink Diamond was removed, she and Stephen-- You remember Stephen, right?