Chapter 6: A Test

Yes, I know I'm going out of order of the episodes from the canon series.

3rd Person P.O.V.

A week later:

Stephen has been eternally grateful for Phoebe's health to be restored. Hopefully, it'll stay like that. Steven has been getting training sessions from Stephen and Phoebe like he said a few weeks back, just to make sure he knows how to defend himself in case Stephen isn't around to pretend to be him.

He doesn't like to fight, but he knows it's necessary. He was called to the livingroom.

(Steven) What is it?

(Pearl) We're going to bring you on a mission.

(Steven) To where?

(Pearl) The Sea Spire. We have the Moon Goddess Statue to restore the spire to it's former glory.

(Steven) Okay, may I carry it?

(Pearl) Sure.

She gave it to him.

(Amethyst) Let's go.

(Steven) Wait, I have something to carry this in. Be right back.

(Pearl) Okay.

Steven excitedly went upstairs.

(Amethyst) He looked excited.

(Pearl) Yeah, maybe he's not angry anymore.

(Amethyst) He's comfortable around us.

(Garnet) For now...

Steven came back downstairs with a hamburger on his back.

(Amethyst) What's that?

(Steven) A cheeseburger backpack. I'm using it to carry the statue and other things.

(Amethyst) Man, you packed a lot of things.

(Garnet) Let's go.

They went to the Warp Pad. They warped to the Sea Spire.

Sea Spire:

They warped there.

(Steven) Whoa...

The Crystal Gems were a bit horrified at the spire's look. It was falling apart. Hopefully, it gets restored.

They looked at Steven who was astonished at the place. If he was excited by it looking abandoned and broken, imagine his reaction when it's fixed. And he's smiling, too.

That's good, he's smiling again. And not having a emotionless demeanor. Let's keep it that way.

He walked forward and they followed him. He stopped at edge of the cliff and across it is the entrance of the Sea Spire. Steven looks at the vortex and it will pull anything below.

Jumping without anything will be suicide. He grabbed two sweaters from the cheeseburger backpack and tied them together.

(Pearl) What'r you doing?

(Steven) I got an idea.

He runs off the cliff.

(Crystal Gems) STEVEN!

He was sucked down but he used the sweaters to wrap around a pillar and he pulled himself up.

(Amethyst) Steven, way to go!

She grabbed a hold of Pearl and Garnet and imitated the same thing Steven did but used her whip instead of sweaters.

(Pearl) That was so... smart.