"That's what you got out of this?! That's what you think is important right now?" Lieutenant Gerk pinches the bridge of his nose.

Turns out that was a good trick for fighting migraines.

"Nevermind General. I shall tend to the situation myself." He bows stiffly turning heel to leave when General Iroh puts a hand on his shoulder stopping him.

"Lieutenant, I apologize. That was a lot of ... information that you've thrown. Prince Zuko has indeed left the ship already." Lieutenant Gerk's shoulders immediately relax with relief until the General continues. "However he took a boat from the starboard bow."

Relief was twisted.

His mother did teach him better than to curse in front of a member of the Royal Family. But his father , not so much. Gerk will blame his lack of manners on him.

~~~~~~~

Enora spits out the salt water, her entire body is trembling and she can't stop shaking. She had underestimated the ice of the water , threatening to freeze her own veins, but she had made it in.

Carefully she slinks through the tribe until she finds a home with what looks like there's a teenager her age.

Her hands go to the bag around her waist and at the realization that , after her plans tonight ,she won't need her coins any longer she just drops the whole bag by the sleeping teenagers head.

Earth Kingdom Money or not.

Silver was Silver and Copper Copper.

It's hard to find the clothes in the hut without waking the sleeping family but it's done nonetheless.

Or at least she believes so.

A rough hand grabs her right as she's finished slipping on the warm dry blue shirt. She's slammed into the table and a woman's cry is heard, what's on the table clatters and against Enora's better judgement her hand sticks out to catch the falling plates which shatter  on the floor.

It's the father that's caught her and judging by a quick scale of his attire, he must be a high ranking official of the Northern Ranks. "Dad!" The teenager shouts rushing towards them.

"Don't come any closer!" Enora hisses to the teenager which comes to a halt and the grip on her grows stronger. Enora chokes out the rest of the warning , "You'll cut yourself on the porcelain!"

The grip loosens but the anger is still prominent on the Father's face.

"Who are you?"

"That doesn't matter."

"It matters to me as the owner of the house you broke into."

Enora fights the urge to pout at his words, finally she settles for saying "You're not my target."

"And who is? The Avatar?"

"No." She scoffs and his eyes flicker in confusion. "I'm going after the man who killed my Prince."

A moment of hesitation, "What?"

"Admiral Zhao , the commander of this fleet has committed regicide." Enora says and feels so great to have gotten to tell someone. It doesn't matter that it's the enemy, nor does it matter that the man has every right to end her life.

She's just so relieved that she can confess what has left her so choked on anger and grief.

"And you a child can kill him?" He asks as though he's registering that Enora is not a threat. In response Enora moves her arms to push his grip off her and she escapes his grip.

Guardians :  Book of Fireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें