The Siege of the North {2}

"Prince Zuko has gone to a brothel?"

"That's what you got out of this?!"

Lieutenant Gerk almost backs out. He's been trying to knock on the door for a solid ten minutes until he remembers promise to Rareng and knocks on the door.

"Lady Enora... I heard what happened at dinner. I overheard a few crew members talking about it. I know you were trying to join them on the mission."

Silence.

Lieutenant Gerk almost wishes that Enora was emotionally constipated in the way the Prince was. His eardrums however are thankful that Enora is the type to sulk in silence.

"The idea that a woman isn't allowed on the battlefield is more his misogynistic ideology then anything." Anyone who knew the Princess knew that by heart. "Why don't you tell me your plan? If you can't execute it maybe I can."

The door opens with little to no resistance.

"Lady Enora, at this point being childish won't-"

He isn't able to finish talking the entire room looked as though a small tornado had blown through and Enora was nowhere to be found.

Childish.

He had been about to accuse Enora of being childish.

He should have been accusing her of insanity! He should have seen the signs.

Or rather they were there the entire time , with how blindingly Enora had followed the Prince's steps into whatever trouble he got himself into.

"Woah! Lieutenant Gerk. What has you in such a rush?" General Iroh asks softly stopping Gerk from his sprint.

The Lieutenant almost considers lying, but if anyone knows, or is genuinely going to be on the right side of the war it's him.

"Where's the Prince?" He hisses after a glance around his surroundings.

General Iroh's normally jovial face turns grim. "He passed on the Wani' s-"

"Cut the sh-" Lieutenant Gerk takes a breathe. It is not proper to curse out a member of the Royal Family. His mother raised him better than that. "I know okay? He's been horrible at disguises and lies since he tried to sneak into a brothel because Joon said it was a high intelligence agency and he was fourteen! I know he's alive and I think Lady Enora is on some suicide mission to do something. I can't find her and there's a bag of essential items missing from her room. I found a boat missing off the Port side of the ship so it's either the Prince or her! So where is the Prince!?"

As Lieutenant Gerk ran a hand through his hair he could tell that the General was having a hard time processing all the information spewed onto him.

Finally the General spoke , "Prince Zuko has gone to a brothel?"