confession

we sat down on the couch right next to each other, knees touching. "this was fun." i said while turning my head to look at him.

"yeah, i love those little monsters." the corners of his mouth turned up as he looked at me. "alice?" he said and gazed at me. "yes, pietro?" i answered and he studied my facial features.

"i have something i wanna tell you."  oh boy, there were about a million possible things he could say.

he started talking and grabbed my hand gently and held it in his. "i've never felt this way for someone before, i love the way i can talk to you about anything, i love how you are so kind, smart, amazing, beautiful and you mean everything to me. i love you, and i want to be more than just friends."

"i love you too pietro, and yes i would love to be your girlfriend." i said and we both started blushing and giggling. "can i kiss you?" he asked politely. i nodded.

we both leaned in and kissed each other, he brushed the hair out of my face and behind my ear. we both pulled away and smiled.

we both leaned in again but my phone rang, worst timing ever. i grabbed my phone from the coffee table and read the caller id.

"it's clint." i told pietro and answered it.

"hello?"

"alice, laura is in the hospital, she's going into labor! i can't believe it, anyways do you think you and pietro could take care of the kids for a couple more days until we come back home? i know it's a lot to ask but i really need your help. what do you say?"

"that's amazing clint! and sure, sure that's not a problem, we'd love to help in anyway we can. i hope she's doing okay, tell her i say hello."

"thank you so much, we appreciate it so much!"

he hung up and pietro asked what he said. "laura is gonna have the baby soon and he asked if we can take care of lila and cooper for a couple more days."

-

short chapter but they are finally dating :))