best babysitters

i kept thinking about kaia

i kept thinking about kaia. how i hadn't seen her in basically ten years. i kept thinking how we used to have sleepovers together. we were inseparable. that's why i took her death so hard. and it was all my fault. there was no other way. she wouldn't stop. i had to. did i have to?

my thoughts were interrupted by pietro. i turned around and stopped folding my laundry.

"glad to see you're out of that bed." he was leaning against the door frame with a smirk on his face.

"me too." i smiled and turned back around. he quickly came over towards me and sat down on the end of my bed.

"so.. clint's anniversary is tomorrow and he asked me to babysit his kids. do you wanna go with me?" he asked.

"y-yeah i'll go with you, sounds fun." i agreed.

"yeah?" he asked again sounding surprised. i nodded and smiled.

"lila is allergic to strawberries, cooper has a nut allergy. lila needs to practice her french for atleast 30 minutes, and cooper has math homework."

"okay clint we will take care of it." i said while handing him his wallet from the counter.

"thank you guys so much we really appreciate it!" laura said and hugged both of us. don't burn the house down, pietro. i trust you alice. we will be back at 12." clint said while pointing his finger at us. i smiled and looked at pietro.

"i would do no such thing. have a good night you two."  clint opened the door for laura and shouted "bye lila! bye coop!"

"bye!!" the two kids shouted back. clint and laura waved to us and we waved back. the door shut quietly.

"i can help lila with french." i suggested. "i'm good at math so i'll help cooper." he said.

we walked over to the living room where the kids were watching a movie. "hey guys. what are you watching?" i asked and sat next the lila and pietro sat next to me.

"the incredibles."

we watched the last thirty minutes of the incredibles and then the kids got hungry. pietro looked through the cabinets looking for something to make. we all settled for boxed mac n cheese.

once the noodles were done cooking pietro lifted up lila and cooper so they could pour ingredients into the pot.

"chef lila and chef cooper. let me send a picture to your mom and dad."

"say cheese!" i said and the three had the biggest smiles i've ever seen. "cheeseeee."

we all finished eating dinner. "hey guys wanna start your homework?" i suggested. lila and cooper groaned.

"we'll give you a prize once you finish." pietro commented.

the two immediately got out of their seats and cleared their dishes over to the sink. i stood up with my plate and i took pietro's, he gave me a quiet thank you. i walked over to the sink and started scrubbing the dishes.

pietro sped over to me. "i can finish these, i'm way faster."

"if you insist." i went upstairs to lila's room to grab her backpack.

i came back down and pietro was already done with all the dishes. lila was sitting at the dinner table with flashcards, notebook paper and pencils.

cooper was on the couch with a sheets of paper with multiplication on them.

"you ready to go jolie fille?" i asked while sitting next to lila. she giggled and nodded, she understood me. "that means pretty girl."

"you're a french expert!"

we spent the next thirty-ish minutes reviewing her flash cards, forming sentences and conversing.

every now and then i would turn around and check on pietro and cooper and he would look at me and smile.

i grabbed two cookies from the kitchen while pietro, cooper and, lila were talking. "time for the reward!" i exclaimed and lila and cooper came running into the kitchen. pietro
also got up and joined us.

"good job you two."

clint told me where the cookies are, on top of the fridge. pretty obvious if you ask me. but the kids don't know about it.

"what do you say?" pietro asked them. "thank you alice." they said.

they ate their cookies at the kitchen counter and pietro and i went to sit on the couch. i pulled my phone out and showed him the photo.

"oh my god, you gotta show that to wanda." he chuckled. "i love this picture." i smiled. i looked at him and saw that his face was a little flushed while looking at me.

"can we play a game?" lila interrupted. "yes we can play a game! go pick one out."