haunted pt. 1 | yeonbin

Description:

Yeonjun and Soobin move into a new house together in the 80's after running away from home ten years prior. They thought everything was perfect; that nothing could drag them down. But they had no idea what they were dealing with.

Strange occurrences, paranormal activities, and unexplainable events; things that they never thought were real. Well, that was until they experienced it for themselves. 

~~~~~~~

Soobin's POV:

Everything was just perfect.

I watched as Yeonjun carried in the last box from our car, the light sweat on his forehead from the summer heat. We both made eye contact, smiling as he placed the box down on the floor of the living room. It's ours; our new house on the countryside of Rhode Island. We fell in love with this place the first time we walked through it; a large kitchen for Yeonjun, and an office for me. A three-bedroom house at a great price was something we couldn't pass up. It's on the older side, being here since the time of the civil war, and I know Yeonjun is anxious to get started on multiple projects at once.

A handyman by trade, Jun is quick on his feet and one of the smartest people I've come to know. I'm the complete opposite; an art teacher at the local high school. I'm not sure how we blend together so well considering how different we are, but opposites attract, right? We promised never to speak of our relationship at work, even if someone were to ask about our rings. We know we cannot get married, but those rings on our fingers serve a greater purpose than a piece of paper ever will; a vow. A promise to love and be loved. A promise to stay by each other's side no matter what. A promise to fight for our rights. And I know neither of us will ever break it.

We're excited for our new chapter together. It's quiet here and you can hear the songs of the birds in the morning. Our large backyard is stunning, a giant apple tree on full display. I want to put a garden next to it, and that's on our long list of projects to do. We saved a bunch of money getting this house on the cheaper side, so we can spend our money on renovations and additions.

Yeonjun took a few steps closer, reaching his palm out for me as he called out, "Love?"

I smiled, my dimples digging into my cheeks as I placed my hand in his. He pulled me close, resting his free hand on my waist as he lifted up our interlaced fingers to gently place a kiss on my knuckles. I giggled and put my hand on his chest as I replied, "Yes?"

"Unpacking can wait until tomorrow. Tonight, we celebrate..." He said, lightly rubbing over the side of my abdomen, "I bought us champagne."

My eyes slightly widened, "When did you do that?"

"While you were at work..." He smiled wider, "A small cheers to us."

I just shook my head, leaning forward to steal a kiss. Both of us smiled into it, melting as Yeonjun's soft lips met with mine. It's kisses like these that make my day. Everything about him is perfect, and the fact that he loves me as much as I love him is something I'll never take for granted. All you could hear were the birds chirping and the small sound of our kiss as we pulled apart.

I rested my forehead on his, whispering, "Love you."

He smiled wide, "You know I love you more. Don't even fight me on it." He replied, both of us letting out a laugh when he said that. We leaned in for another kiss, never wanting the feeling to go away.