Chapter 3 (Another World)

UPDATE TIME!!!

For those of you who play dead by daylight this will be mostly a lore related chapter.

For those who don't it should setup the story somewhat. ALSO I will include photos of what the survivors mentioned look like at the end of this chapter to help with visualizing. Feel free to skip the photos if you have your own designs you want to imagine!

___________________________________________________________________________

"So..." y/n begins "where are we?"

Claudette and Dwight look at eachother.

"That's a pretty loaded question" Claudette says apprehensively. "We'll tell you, but you have to stay calm, even if you don't believe us." You glance up at Dwight and notice that he also looks nervous. You feel unsure about what they are about to say, but you have no other option. Plus, both of them seem very nice and right now that's all you have to go on.

"Ok, I'll try my best to listen." you respond honestly.

Claudette takes a deep breath closing her eyes for a moment before she reopens them, fixating on you. "Ok lets start small. What is the last thing you remember?"

Images of Maxwell fill your mind, but you know that they aren't true. You try your best to recall what actually happened to you. Were you still at home? Had you headed out? Or was that all a dream? Your mind is filled with a haze for everything else. "I... don't know" you answer with baited breath "I think that I was at home, maybe I fell asleep or something?"

Dwight gives you a quizzical look "Are you sure? You didn't experience any major life-changing event or anything." Claudette looks at him with a frown, shushing him for interrupting your thought process. Once again your mind fills with thoughts of your boyfriend but this time you speak up. "I think I had a really bad dream or something."

The two both look at you with interest, "Do you want to talk about it?" Claudette asks carefully.

You shake your head "No. Honestly I don't want to talk about anything other than what's going on right now." your tone goes stern but you catch yourself and add a soft "sorry" onto the end.

"Oh no! No need to apologize!" Claudette answers kindly Dwight nodding along with her.

She takes another deep breath "Well, in all likeness the dream you had wasn't actually a dream. It really did happen and whatever that event was, know that you can always talk to us. Just know that there are people here that are here to help." Another kindly smile slides your way from the pair and you can't help but almost believe what they say for a second. They have done nothing but reassure you and show you kindness so far. But regardless of that some small piece of your sanity clings onto what she said.

"It really did happen" you repeat deadpan. "That's impossible, I mean look at me" you gesture down at your body "there's not a scratch on me! I would be dead right now if I had injuries like that."

Dwight is the one to speak up this time "look, I know this is hard to believe, trust me we all felt the same way..." a trailing pause catches your attention but you don't mention it "well, most of us. The point is that, whatever happened was real, and that this place is real too."

You look at him confused. "This place is a different realm." Claudette cuts in suddenly "specifically, it's the realm created by a creature known as the entity." Another pause of awkward silence invades before she continues "Look, soon some things are going to start happening that make you question everything. I promise ill explain everything that you need to know about how to survive the trials and all the details you could want another time. But for now, you just need to make sure that you understand. Even if this sounds crazy to be in another dimension, the fact of the matter is that you're here now."

She ends her spiel like she just stated the simplest fact. But you were currently spiraling out of control. What was she talking about? Another dimension, trials? This girl was clearly crazy. You look at Dwight desperate for help but instead find him looking expectantly at you. With your emotions whirling around inside of you, you finally decide to speak up.

"What are you talking about. This is insane!" You stand up from your chair and take a step back that soon becomes a second when they stand up as well.

"Woah! Look calm down" Dwight says trying to reassure you.

"y/n." Claudettes voice cuts through "I understand you're upset. If you don't take our word for it you can talk to the others too. But some of them are..." she cocks her head to the side trying to think of the right words "...less than pleasant."

Your breathing begins to slow as you try desperately to get ahold of yourself. You need to calm down and take this one step at a time. Claudette said there were other people, maybe you can get help from one of them, or at least get someone to answer your questions more clearly.

"Alright" you speak up nervous but determined "take me to the others."

"We can do that for you. But I will need to perform a physical on you shortly. Normally we have to do them before meeting anyone else but if it would make you feel better we can do it that way." You consider Claudette's words before quickly asking how long it would take. "Only around 15 minutes."

Your nerves refuse to quiet and you doubt you could stay still that long, nonetheless you still ask her to do what she needs to do first. If you're going to be talking to other people you need to not be worried about anything else. This is a high stress situation for you, and even though sitting through Claudette asking you questions and taking measurements of your temperature and other vitals is borderline painful, you somehow manage to do it.

"All done Dwight!" Claudette yells to Dwight waiting outside the room for you. He stands in the doorway as Claudette approaches with you in tow.

"Alright. Let's get you acquainted with the others."

____________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes my writing is so good and other times it sucks. I hope this was one of the better times! 

Also I've decided that for the chapter covers I will look up a major element of the chapter and post an image that I think represents it best, I'll be calling these key words.

For this chapter the keyword is: "other dimensions"

Vote and Follow if you feel up to it!

Thank you for reading!

PHOTOS:

Below are photos of the three survivors I have introduced up until now, feel free to scroll by if you have your own headcanons or already know!

Meg and Dwight:

Claudette: