Prologue

Hello everyone! This story is meant to be a slow burn fic similar to the slenderman slowburn story. I hope you all enjoy!

This story is written as genderneutral as possible, but y/n is female in my canon and that can and will be reflected at some points in the story.

Photo included for reference to area where y/n lives in prologue.

____________________________________________________________________________

y/n walked as fast as they could through the hallway of their house haphazardly putting on their socks and shoes as they rushed to get out the door. They were late, late for a date with the cutest boy they had ever seen. He had captivated y/n's heart the moment he walked into the coffee shop y/n worked at and stole their breath with their beautiful voice.

y/n waved down a taxi and hopped in, they needed to get there fast. It was already almost sundown. How could they have overslept in the middle of the day!?

As the taxi sped off in the direction of the restaurant address, y/n pulled out their makeup from their purse and began hastily applying it.

Over the radio, another report about the serial killer that's been killing their way across the country lately. You were glad you lived nowhere near where they were last sighted.

They were just able to put on the finishing touches as the taxi pulled up to the restaurant.

Rushing out they quickly walked inside.

"Reservation?" The person standing behind the counter asked them as they walked in.

"It's under Maxwell" y/n says while straightening the last few pieces of their hair, their heart pounding as they wait.

y/n's pov

You had a great time out for the night. Maxwell even asked you to be his girlfriend at the end of the date! He's so caring and attentive and soon enough you both have been dating for months and after all this time he finally invited you over to his place for dinner.

Standing outside of Maxwell's apartment y/n lightly knocks on the door.
The door opens and there he stands "hey its good to see you!"

You smile as you walk inside.

You walk into the kitchen and everything is perfect, the food looks great.

You sit down with him and talk as you eat, and everything is great. You have a hot boyfriend who loves you. A stable work life. And above all for the first time in a while you feel truly happy.

THUMP

Your heart pounds in your chest as for a moment your vision spins. You try your best to refocus onto Maxwell's face but your vision spins again and you feel dizzy. You try to stand up but only stumble out of your chair to the floor.

You look up and reach out to Maxwell for help but he doesn't move. Your world goes dark.

*************

You don't know how long you've been awake now but it feels like hours. Your body is torn to shreds and at this point numb to the pain. Confused from blood loss your mind wanders, you wonder how long he's been killing people. How many other people came before you. How long it would take before you finally bled out.

Above you Maxwell smiles insanely continuing to toture you despite your lack of response.

You feel your consciousness start to slip, but your vision remains. A fog rolls in and you're sure this is the end.

But suddenly Maxwell stands back, hitting the fog and panicking.

Then the fog consumes you.

____________________________________________________________________________

I hope this intro was good! I spent a lot of time on it and had a friend help me edit it.

This is just the prologue so look forward to the real story soon!

Please comment, vote, or follow if you enjoyed or have any suggestions!