Chapter Fifty One:

Depuis le début

"Oh, I don't mind." Hayden said, giving the girls a smile that seemed only the slightest bit forced.

Brushing that aside, Lily picked up a book and began to quiz the girls. When they were tired of reading and grew bored of studying, Lena and December made up some excuse about going to find Ginny, so Lily and Hayden were left alone.

"Your friends are nice." Hayden said.

"Really? I mean, I'm glad you think so." Lily rambled, "I was worried that you didn't like them because when we showed up, you didn't look too happy, but then-"

"Lily." Hayden broke her off with a laugh, "I like your friends, I just wanted to spend some time alone with you."

"Oh." Lily said, feeling silly.

"Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me?" Hayden asked.

"This weekend?" Lily said.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Okay." Lily agreed, "We should- wait. Just you and me?"

Lily fidgeted with her hands, looking down at them. Hayden smiled softly.

"You don't have to say yes." She said, "But yes, I wanted to take you out on a date."

Lily's mouth fell open.

"It's alright if you don't want to." Hayden said, face falling.

"No, I just- I didn't know- gosh, I'm sorry!"

"What on Earth are you apologizing for?" Hayden asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"I- I don't know... I didn't know that you liked me like that." Lily confessed.

"Do you like someone else?" Hayden asked her.

"No." Lily shook her head.

"Well would it make you uncomfortable? We can stay friends, if that's what you prefer."

"It's just... I've never been on a date." Lily admitted, "I don't know if I'll be any good at it."

Hayden placed a hand over hers.

"Just be yourself." She said, "And that's more then enough."

"Okay." Lily said, smiling shyly, "I'd like to go to Hogsmeade with you."

Hayden's grin grew.

"Perfect! I'll meet you by your common room at eleven?" She suggested.

"Sounds good!"

"See you then!" Hayden said, happily walking away.

Lily smiled at her back before returning to her thoughts. Did she like Hayden? Hayden was nice, and she did seem polite. She even saved Lily that one time. But did Lily like her? She wasn't sure, she'd never really had much experience with this. Nevertheless, she made it back to her common room with a smile.

"Hey Lil." Harry greeted when he saw her, from where he sat with Ron and Hermione.

"Hi!"

"You seem chipper." Hermione commented.

"I'm going on a date!" Lily said happily.

"What?" Harry said.

"With who? A Gryffindor?" Ron asked, and Hermione elbowed him.

"No, a Slytherin-"

"I'm gonna kill him." Harry growled, grabbing his wand and standing up.

"Woah, where are you going?!" Lily panicked.

"To teach Malfoy a lesson." Harry said, trying to step around her.

"No! You don't need another detention, and besides, that's not who asked me!" Lily said, blocking him from leaving.

Harry blinked.

"Then who?"

"Hayden Riles." Lily said.

"The Slytherin from the DA?" Harry asked.

"Yes." Lily nodded.

"Better than Malfoy, but still-" Harry began.

"Oh Harry." Lily sighed, hugging him.

He was taken aback by that response for a moment before hugging back.

"I love that you want to protect me." Lily said, "And I hope you know that I'd do just about anything to protect you... but, this is my life. I have to get out there and try new things, meet new people."

"And apparently date them." Harry grumbled.

"It's one date." Lily said, "And Hayden is nice."

"She better be." Harry said, still gripping his wand.

"She is." Lily confirmed.

"I've partnered up with her in the DA before." Hermione spoke up, "She seems nice enough."

"Thank you." Lily said to her friend gratefully.

"This is just like last year with Octavian." Harry sighed.

"You mean October?" Lily laughed.

"Whatever his name is."

"We went to the ball as friends, and haven't really spoken since. It's clear he just sees me as his little sister's friend."

"Good." Harry said, "But what about Jayden?"

"Hayden and I... we will figure out what we are." Lily shrugged.

Harry sat back down, but didn't look to happy about it, so she changed the subject.

"How was your Occulmency lesson?" She asked.

Harry made a face.

"Bad. I'm of doing them any more." He said.

"What? But didn't Dumbledore say you had to?" Lily asked, concerned.

"Yeah, but that was before Snape told me we're done and to get the hell out of his office." Harry said.

"What? Why?!"

"He said to protect myself, so I did. I may have looked inside his mind-"

"Oh, Harry."

"-but it's not like he hasn't been doing the same to me!" Harry finished.

Lily nodded.

"What will you do about the dreams then?" She asked.

"Nothing. It's fine, I haven't gotten one in a while." Harry said.

"But what if they come back and-"

"It's fine, Lil." Harry insisted, "You don't need to worry."

Lily knew she would worry anyways, but she let the matter rest. She said good night to her brother and his friends before heading up to her from. There, she focused her thoughts on her date for that weekend to distract herself from her worries about her twin.