𝟶𝟶𝟽.

𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚── 007

𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚── 007.
chapter seven; panic
.· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

"Stupid, stupid asshole who cannot stay out of trouble for two minutes straight." She grumbled angrily as she dipped the hand towel in the cold water pouring down in a mighty stream from the golden, shining tap. Much to their luck, the restroom was as clean as you'd expect it to be in a mayor's mansion. Very much to their luck, the restroom was nearby and they haven't encountered anyone they know on their way there, so it was safe to assume their parents did not know the state their son was in right now.

"Are you done cursing me yet?" He asked lazily as she turned the water off and brought the towel to his face, hoping the cold water will help him to sober up.

"No, you prick, irritating, moron." She added, rubbing his face harshly intentionally and making him wince in pain.

"Alright, Miss goody-goody. Now that we're past your lectures, can we go back to the party?" He pleaded impatiently as he looked up at her pouting face.

Her eyes widened in horror as she shook her head. "Nuh-uh! We're not leaving this room until you're 100% sober."

"Chill, Claire. I'm totally fine. Here, look," He stood up from the toilet seat in an attempt to walk in a straight line, only to stumble on his feet and let out a hiccup.

She groaned in annoyance. "Okay, at least 80% sober."

Three knocks on the thick, white door to the restroom caused the two to snap their heads up. Chris' back has straightened, while Clary sighed in relief and headed to the door.

"Wait, wha- what are you doing? Who- Clary-"

"I brought water, coffee and a piece of chocolate cake, just in case." Bonnie blurted as she walked in quickly, attempting to catch her breath while handing the redhead the stuff she carried with her to the restroom.

"Thank you so much, Bonnie. You're a lifesaver." Clary sighed and said with a grateful smile before shoving the cup of hot coffee in between her confused brother's hands. "Drink up, hooligan."

"Could you stop with the mockery? I'm a very sensitive guy." He deadpanned as he sipped the bitter drink and scowled at the burning interaction it had with his tongue.

The younger sister huffed in amusement. "Please. You have the emotional range of a teaspoon."

"Did- did you just quote Hermione Grainger?" Chris asked with wide, horrified eyes.

"Yes, yes I did. Now shut up and drink that coffee." She rolled her eyes and retorted before turning to her friend. "You have no idea how much I appreciate your help here. As you can tell, it was very very needed."