𝟶𝟶𝟻.

𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚── 005

𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚── 005.
chapter five; ginger spice
.· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

"So, dinner at Elena's. Tell me everything." She demanded with an excited smile as she placed two bowls of cereal in front of the two teenagers;  the one yawning and rubbing his eyes tiredly, the other tapping her fingers on the marble top island with a soft smile. Quite typical and unsurprising, to say the least.

"What is there to tell?" The redhead chuckled and asked as she grabbed the spoon and began mixing the colorful cereals with the milk.

"That's the thing, I don't know." The mother replied with a shrug as she leaned against the countertop and shifted her gaze to her son, who has been struggling to keep his eyes open in the last 10 minutes, "Chris? How was dinner last night?"

He hummed and licked his lips subconsciously before mumbling, "Yummy."

Linda and Clary couldn't help but laugh at his response, the latter elbows him in the ribs so he would shake off the fatigue that the lack of hours of sleep has brought upon him. He jumped in his seat only a little before yawning one more time and coming up with an answer.

"It was awkward. Elena's weirdly shy-" He started, voice gruff and low.

"-oh, come on! Her parents died 2 months ago, cut her some slack!" Clary protested while her mouth was filled with the cereals.

"First of all, I didn't know Elena's parents has died at all, wh- who is she living with, and does she need anything?" Linda hurried to ask with the sympathetic manner she always had, furrowing her brows in curiosity before turning to glare at her daughter, "And you-- no talking with your mouth full!"

"Mom, I'm seventeen, not seven." She rolled her eyes in response before adding, "And, I didn't know, either. But from what I understand, she and her little brother are living with their aunt, so I think they're okay."

"No kid can be just okay so soon after losing their parents." Linda murmured with a sad smile, "Let her know she's always welcome here, alright?"

"Sure." Clary nodded with a soft smile, embracing the silence that follows after her answer before she speaks up again. "Hey, Chris, are you planning on coming to the football game tonight?"

"I guess." He shrugged and yawned again. "My friends are going-- hell, the entire school's going. Not going would be a death sentence to my social life in Mystic Falls."

"You're so dramatic." The younger sister laughed as she shook her head slowly, swallowing another spoon of her cereal. "I'd be there too. You know, to support the girls when they do their cheerleader performance."