~

After setting some magical traps, she was exhausted.
She fell asleep and I looked at her.

"What the hell do you mean, Luna?!" I yelled at her. "You can't be serious!"
"But I am, Leo" she said and smiled.
"If you do this... I... I can't protect you anymore!" I yelled and she touched my face.

"Oh, Leo" she said. "I never needed your protection. But... she... she will need it. She will need you"
"She's a human!" I yelled, I was angry...

"She's not just a human, Leo" she said calmly. "This little girl... it is for this girl I was born. I was born to save her. She has a big heart, she loves spirits even more than she loves humans. You should've seen her face the first time she saw Aquarius, it was so precious"
"Then how will I find her?" I asked and Luna smiled.

"Oh, she will find you, Leo" she said. "I have seen it, your fates are intertwined. In every version of the future I have seen. She will find you, reach out her hand to you. All you have to do, is reach back. And I hope, you will"
"But she won't be you" I said and she laughed.

"Of course she won't be me" she said. "I will be gone. But she will still be alive"
"How will I recognise her?" I asked. "At least give me a hint"
"Her wrists, you dummy" she said. "She will have my markings on them"

She hugged me one last time.
"Thank you, Leo" she said. "You are an amazing friend. I'm going to miss you, very much"
"I promise" I whispered. "I promise to protect her"

~

"Loke! Wake up!" someone shook me awake.
I woke up seeing two grey eyes staring right at me.
"Finally! Damn, you're a heavy sleeper!" Amelia...

She backed off and looked outside.
"Someone set off one of my traps" she said and took out a White Key. "Let's go"

We ran to the edge of the farm land.
"Open! Gate of the White Bear! Grizzly!" shouted Amelia and a giant bear appeared.
She took out her Golden Key.
'She can't be serious?! Opening two gates?'

I saw the bandits and I got my rings ready.
"Open! Gate of the Scorpion! Scorpio!" she yelled and I just stared at her.
'She opened two gates...'

"Hello Little Lady!" said Scorpio.
"You two ready?" she said and her hands were glowing.
'She's summoning spirits and is gonna fight herself?! What is she thinking?!'

"Don't be stupid!" I yelled at her. "You can't open two gates and fight yourself!"
"Why not?" she said and I froze. "What kind of wizard would summon spirit to do the fighting for her? I fight with my spirits. They have my back, I have their backs. That's how all Celestial Wizards should treat their spirits!"

"You got it, Little Lady!" shouted Scorpio.
"I'll enhance your abilities" she said. "Both of you, don't waste your energy on defence, I will protect you"
"Understood" said the bear.

The two spirits were glowing white and their movements were much smoother.
They took out the bandits like it was nothing, and every time a bandit attacked, a shield appeared.
I looked at Amelia, she was amazing...

Her breathing was heavy, keeping two fighting spirits gates open was paying a price...
"Loke!" she yelled and I saw a shield appear behind me, stopping an attack. "Snap out of it! I need your help! Please!"

"Help her, protect her"
"Stop wasting precious magic energy!" I scolded her. "I will protect you"
She smiled. "Thanks, Loke"

~

After the fighting, Amelia fell on her knees.
All of the bandits were tied up and the army was on their way to lock them up.
"Hey, are you okay?" I asked and she passed out. "Amelia!"

"Hey" I looked up and saw Scorpio looking at me. "You better not hurt her. She is the best Celestial Wizard I have ever made a contract with. And if you kill her too, I will personally end you"
His gate and the Grizzly bear's gate closed.

Amelia curled up in my arms, she was having a fever.
'Stupid idiot...'
"Yeah, okay" I said. "You proved me not all Celestial Wizards are trash"

"Really?" I looked down and she smiled. "I'm so glad, I was so scared that you'd hate me"
"Like anyone could ever hate you, Amelia" I said.
"Amy" she said. "You... you have earned the right to call me Amy"

~

We stayed for a few days, since she was in no condition to move.
She totally overdid it...
'No shit, Luna... she doesn't know how to take care of herself at all... reminds me of you actually'

"What are you smiling about?" I looked at Amelia's bed and saw her looking at me.
"Nothing, just remembering something" I said.
"Must be something nice" she said.

"You remind me of someone" I said.
"Please don't tell me it's the wizard who dumped you" she said and I chuckled.
"No" I said. "You remind me of someone else completely"

"I'm sorry" she said and I was surprised. "This person, you lost them, didn't you?"
I looked down and nodded.
"I'm really sorry" she said.

"Don't apologise" I said and patted her head. "You didn't do anything wrong. If anyone needs to apologise. It's me"
"It's okay" she smiled. "I get it, getting dumped sucks. Not that I can really talk from experience"
"Seriously?" I said. "You've never had a boyfriend?"

"Nope! Never" she chuckled.
"Maybe, we could change that" I teased her and touched her face.
But she kicked me hard.

"Don't even get it in your head!" she shouted, but I could see a small blush.
'What the hell am I doing?'
"Don't worry, I was just joking" I said.

"Jeez, I don't see why so many girls like you" she said. "You snore like crazy"
"I do not!" I shouted and she laughed.

'It's fine. If this is all I can do for her, make her smile, laugh. I will protect her, for as long as I still can. From a distance... I don't want to do anything to make her lose her smile... So... I'll keep my distance'