IwaOi

-Oikawa P.O.V-

There's nothing to eat.

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared into the refrigerator. I closed and reopened the door before closing it and reopening it again, and continued this process for a few more minutes.

After coming to the conclusion that no food will magically appear inside if I look away, I let out a sigh. So many ingredients, yet so little motivation to actually cook something. I just want a snack, which is apparently too much to ask for.

My stomach grumbled. When was the last time I ate anything? I glanced at the clock. Hm, about... eight hours ago?

What did I have for breakfast... Oh yeah. Rice and soup. Nothing for lunch. No snacks until now. And on top of it all, a two-hour-long workout. Great.

Fridge is no help. Pantry is next. God, at this point, I'll eat anything to satisfy my hunger.

But no. Because the pantry is useless as well. I groaned and rest a hand on my gut.

Hungry hungry hungry. And to add to it, my limbs and muscles aches from the physical exertion. And it's my sister's birthday, and I haven't called her to send my regards yet. And I have bills due soon. And I'm exhausted. And it's too hot in here. And stuffy.

A dull throbbing started to form in my head. It didn't bother me at first, but then it started to become more pronounced. I raised a hand to my forehead.

The throbbing got worse. I made my way back from the pantry to the kitchen and leaned against the counter, squeezing my eyes shut and trying to focus.

How do you stop a headache? Isn't there some sort of method that rapidly stops it? Like how you can drink water to cure hiccups. I need my mind to drink water. Would that help?

"Oi, Shittykawa." My eyes opened at the sound of the familiar voice. Iwa-chan.

"...Oikawa?" Ah- forgot to respond.

"Yeah, Iwa?"

"Could you come here?"

I followed his voice into the living room, where he was lounging across the couch. "Hey, does this look like something you'd wanna watch later? I'll make us some dinner and we can-" He stopped mid-sentence when he looked up at me. "Hey, are you alright?"

"Hm?"

"You look... drained. What's wrong?" He raised an eyebrow at me, concern riddled in his face.

I could tell the truth, but I don't want him to worry. He has a habit of doing that, and it always makes me feel guilty.

So I attempt a smile. "Nothings wrong, Iwa-chan. What movie is this?"

He frowned. "You know I know something's up. You can't kid me with that smile when I've seen the real one so many times."

Damn him. Oh well, I can't hide anything from this guy.

I let the false expression crumble a bit in defeat. "Fair enough."

He sat up so that his back was propped up on the arm of the couch, body facing towards me. His head cocked to the side, he looked at me expectantly, waiting for an explanation.

But I didn't say anything. Instead, I just blinked at him, daring him to make the first move. I love silently communicating like this.

He wasn't amused, but regardless, he sighed and opened up his arms. "Come here."

Well, even if I wanted to say no, I couldn't. Not like I want to though.

I joined him on the couch, leaning into the welcoming embrace. The pain in my head was still very much present.

My body leaned to the side as I sat down so that it was pressed into his. He wrapped his arms around my torso and held me close to his chest. I let my head rest on his shoulder.

"What's wrong, babe," he tried again, voice softer this time. "You know you can talk to me. I'm right here."

I just hummed and close my eyes. The pain came and went in waves. "It's just a bit of a headache." The words came out in a whisper.

"Ah, I see." He pressed his forehead to that of my own. "Do you want me to get you anything? Blankets, water, some medicine..?"

Honestly, all of that sounded amazing. But I was too comfortable to ask him to move. "No, that's alright. Just stay with me?"

"Okay, but I am gonna get you some medicine first. When was the last time you've eaten?"

"I dunno, a while ago... probably this morning." I could see him open his mouth to tell me why I need to take better care of myself, so I cut him off. "But I'm happy with you here right now, so please can we just stay like this for a little bit?"

He shut his eyes and sighed. "Oikawa, I'm gonna get you some medicine. I'll make you some dinner while I'm at it, and then we can cuddle for the rest of the night, okay?"

I groaned. The only thing that sounded comforting right now was laying with him. "Just five more minutes?"

He seemed to consider this. "Alright, alright, fine. Five more minutes. Then I'm taking care of you, and I don't want to hear any complaining about it when I do."

Eh, he knows I'm gonna complain regardless of what he says now. "Yes, Iwa-chan."

I repositioned myself so that I was laying on top of him, head buried into his chest and legs curled up next to his. One of his arms was acting as a pillow for my head and the other was running through the waves in my hair. He was gently and repeatedly pressing his lips to my temple. This was probably the best I've felt all day.

"Are you tired?" he asked.

"Just a bit... Don't leave me though. I still want to rest with you."

"As you wish."

I felt a smile creep onto my face as blush flushed through my checks. "Thank you."

"Anything for you. Now rest, Shittykawa."

I grumbled with a smile on my face. "So mean to me..."

He replied by kissing my forehead once again.

-

A/N
I WAS ABLE TO FIND TIME TO WRITE 💪
Also my cat keeps trying to attack wires- how do I stop that

Word count: 1052