Chapter 118

A surge of mana and bright light announced the arrival of some uninvited guests. Looking up from his desk, the weary Crown Prince prepared himself to summon his people. However, that plan quickly changed the moment he saw a familiar redhead. It was the very person he'd been wanting to see for the past week and a bit. Not only that, but he had come to see him by his own free will. Was he dreaming? Why else would he show up this late at night?

Red-browns focus on the tired dark elf who was sitting behind multiple stacks of paperwork.

<Is he seriously still working? It's almost midnight.>

Hiding the fact he was worried about the future king, he put on a bright smile and greeted him.

"Good evening, Your Highness. It is a pleasure to see the brightest Star of the Roan Kingdom this late at night. In fact, I don't think I'll be-"

"Enough."

He smirked at the obvious annoyance hidden in the prince's command.

"What do you want?"

There was amusement in his eyes as he approached the cluttered desk. Once he was standing right in front of the blond, he pulled out a magic device and offered it to him.

"I came to deliver this."

Sky blues widened at the sight of the tool he needed the most in order to make the Whipper Kingdom mages his own. A wide smile appeared on his lips while he accepted it. Their eyes met and lingered for a moment before he focused on the item in his hand.

"You could've had one of your people deliver it."

<It was easier this way. Plus I'd have a reason to check on you.>

"This way was much faster."

There was skepticism on the Royal's face, but he didn't pry any further. In fact, he was glad the youth had come there himself. It showed he wasn't still mad at him.

"How was your trip to the Whipper Kingdom?"

The deity stiffened, albeit briefly. Yet, he still noticed it. This told him that something else had happened. Keeping a calm appearance, he waited for the other to answer.

"Things worked out."

Pausing for a moment, he decided to introduce the two men to each other.

"This majestic being over here is Eruhaben. He's an ancient dragon. To be exact, the oldest on the Western Continent."

Out of the trio, only the noble did not know how chaotic the prince's mind was at the sight of another dragon. In fact, the older blond was observing the mixed blood with intrigue. It was the first time he had met an adult with elven or dark elven blood staying this relaxed in his presence.

"It's an honor to meet you, Eruhaben-nim. My name is Alberu Crossman. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with during your visit."

-Ho! What an interesting individual.

With a slight nod, the older being began to examine the room around them. At the same time, the dark elf decided to ask.

"Did anything happen while you were visiting the battlefield?"

Before he could avoid the question, the dragon spoke up. He was curious to see how the future king would react to the news.

"Cale collapsed from overusing his powers a couple times. Oh and was nearly beheaded by one of the Cursed One's followers who was amongst Toonka's subordinates."

-What the f*** are you doing? Alberu doesn't need to know about either of those!

-We'll see.

The sky blues had darkened and looked like there was a storm sealed in their orbs. Anger radiated out of him which concerned the redhead.