𝟎𝟑. 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫?!?

Почніть із самого початку

"zart and i." she corrected and he shrugged.

"don't care." he stated and threw a bucket at her. "be helpful and get some more fertiliser."

"i don't even know where-" she began before newt cut her off.

"in the middle of the woods, you'll know it when you see it." he grabbed a shovel and got started early.

"but don't we have breakfast-"

"yes, but i didn't finish this crap yesterday because you showed up so now i have to do it 'bright and early' or zart will be pissed. understand?" his tone had changed tremendously than before, emmy nodded and grabbed the bucket. she headed into the woods.

"'be helpful and get some fertiliser' what an dickhead." she mocked and heard a twig snap, making her look around. when she saw nothing, she chose to ignore it and kept walking. "'zart will be pissed' he has a dumb-ass name, i don't care if he's pissed." she continued to mock the boy before someone ran at her.

she was knocked down but quickly slid out of his grip before running fast and far.

although, she couldn't catch the face of the boy who'd been chasing her. she ran and ran before she had come out of the other side of the woods, by frypan's kitchen. he and minho had caught the girl's mad-like running and rushed over to her.

"a... boy... started..." she took heavy breaths between each word before sitting on the grass, then the boy ran out of the woods too. she shot up and off again, running as fast as she could before minho caught up with the boy behind her, pulling his shirt so he'd go back. when he struggled, he got shoved over and knocked out.

"emmy!" he yelled and she turned to face him, she walked back when she knew it was safe. "you can run fast, shank." he pointed out before shifting his attention to the boy on the floor.

"who is it?" she asked, leaning in closer.

"george. i think he's been attacked by a griever or something. it's not he only explanation, he's not usually like this" minho groaned and lifted up the boys shirt to reveal a nasty sting and pulled it back down. "yep, let's get him to the pit."

emmy helped the runner get george to the pit, she felt bad. she didn't even know the boy.

"why was he there? in the woods?" she questioned and minho shrugged as he watched george in the pit.

"looking for you, probably." he sighed and walked over to fry's kitchen once again.

"so who's going to replace him?" she wondered and he looked her up and down and pulled her to one side.

"i saw how you ran, that was pretty fast. i think-" he was cut off by newt, who stormed over and groaned.

"bloody hell, greenie, is it that hard to get some shucking fertiliser." he looked up at minho and rolled his eyes. "and you're here with this piece of klunk? jesus christ, you can't stay away from each other for more than ten minutes!" he sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"i think george got attacked by a griever." minho mumbled and the blonde's attitude switched immediately.

"wait? what?"

"yeah, he chased me through the bloody woods like a mad man." emmy explained and newt's hand covered his own mouth. "he's in the slammer now."

the british boy walked towards the slammer, going to see george. emmy guessed the two were close.

"i feel like it's my fault." emmy mumbled and looked at the ground.

"that shank got himself attacked, you had nothing to do with it." he softly rubbed his hand against her arm and then gently hit it, making her look up. "besides, i say we make you a runner."

"seriously? i've been here less than a day." she scoffed and he smirked.

"i know. gally'll be pissed." he snickered and rubbed his nose just before walking off. annoyed at his exit, emmy followed.

"for crying out loud." she mumbled before putting her hand on his chest so she'd stop. "you really think i could be a runner?"

"do you know how fast you ran? i don't think you can be a runner, i know you can." he assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder before walking off again to find frypan.

emmy jogged over to the slammer, newt was there and was looking at george who looked like he had lost his mind. he was banging his head on the wall, the girl was in shock and began to tear up. this is my fault she repeated over and over in her head. no matter how much she tried to stop those four words from repeating, she couldn't.

"hey, you alright?" he looked over to her and she was snapped out of her daze. before walking off, she nodded. it wasn't surprising that newt ran over to her, stopping her the same way she stopped minho.

"are you alright?" he repeated himself, knowing her answer anyway.

"yeah i- minho wants to make me a runner." she admitted and rubbed her arm out of awkwardness.

"do you want to be a runner?" he asked, the greenie nodded. "no way." he snickered and she raised an eyebrow.

"what? why not?" she scoffed and he shrugged.

"you're a greenie and nobody wants to be a runner." he laughed.

"i do, i like running. it's better than being in a bloody garden all day." newt shrugged, half agreeing with her statement.

"it's really up to minho and nick, not me." he sighed and their conversation was interrupted by a loud yell.

"BREAKFAST TIME, SHANKS."

a/n- i hate this chapter lols

another thing: some of the songs in the playlist are for specific chapters, i'll tell you in a/n right at the beginning if they are :)