~~~~~

A very frustrated Klaus made his way to the Gilbert House.

He was upset for a multitude of reasons, his main one being Alaric Saltzman. Then way later on the list was the small fight with his sister.

He quickly cleared the thoughts from his head and rang the doorbell to the house that was quite literally the embodiment of 'a white picket fence' type home. When the door swung open, he was greeted by a very annoyed and angry Jeremy.

"What the hell do you want?" The teenager boy seethed at the hybrid.

"Now is that any way to treat a guest?" Klaus questioned with a smirk on his face.

Behind Jeremy, soon appeared Stefan Salvatore, Klaus' preferred brother when it came to the two. But either way, he didn't really like either of them if he was being entirely honest.

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" Stefan questioned, annoyance lacing every word that rolled off his tongue.

"Well, for starters, young Jeremy here could show some manners and invite me inside." Klaus spoke and then soon suppressed an eye roll when the older Salvatore brother appeared behind the two others as Stefan moved in front of Jeremy.

"Why don't you go up to your room?"

Noticing that the young Gilbert wasn't listening to his brother, he turned to look down at the teenager. "Now." He demanded. Jeremy rolled his eyes and sighed before making his way up the stairs.

"Hmm, poor lad." Klaus mused from where he had been watching the scene unfold. "Loses one questionable father figure only to be replaced by the likes of the two of you."

"Yeah, about that. Something happened."

"Oh, I know all about my mother's invulnerable little creation and that's why I'm here. I'm leaving town, just need to pick up a few road trip necessities. Spare tire, flashlight, ask your precious doppelganger a few questions about my mother." Klaus listed off, getting annoyed at the two brothers.

"Ask her a few questions?" Damon retorted. "Don't you mean kidnap her?"

"Always making me out to be the bad guy." Klaus's smirk widened after he spoke as he raised his eyebrows almost playfully—Elliot's mannerisms clearly rubbing off on him. "And no, I just want to chat with her, mate." His only reasons for wanting to see Elena were to ask her if she knew anything about what his mother had done to his girlfriend...wait, what—girlfriend, since when did she become my girlfriend?!

Klaus' thoughts were interrupted by Damon, which was probably a good thing if he was being honest with himself. He didn't necessarily want to dive into the whole 'is she or is she not my girlfriend' conversation. To be honest, he'd probably have to ask her eventually.

The raven-haired vampire plastered a fake smile on his face, clearly not believing the man, even though he was actually telling the truth for once. "Can't help you there." Damon then clapped his brother on his back and shut the door in the hybrid's face.

Klaus stared at the door that had been quite literally slammed in his face. He sighed, shaking his head, and then turning around. His eyes then landed on a newspaper that was a little ways away resting on the sidewalk that led up to the house.

His lips curved up into a smirk and his eyes lighted up with devious excitement as an idea came to mind.

Oh, how he was going to get his answers one way or another.