Chapter 6:

Sitting on the couch beside Matt I start to get a headache. All their talking over one another. I try to focus on one think and one thing only what she said. What did she mean by she always has a plan B? Was this a trap? Did I just lead all the others to certain death?
No she wouldn't. Would she? I lift my eyes to see her talking to Ethan about who knows what about weapons. Her beautiful long hair in a French braid now. Her bright green eyes taking up as much knowledge as possible.
"What is it with you? What makes her so special?" I jump a little from the voice beside me. I glance over at Matthew considering the question.
"I don't know she just...ugh! She's just so...so intriguing to me. I can't put my finger on what it is about her. She's different from the others." He nods as though he understands.
"Do you think," he lowers his voice,"she the one?" Jerking my head toward him I look utterly shocked. Even though fear is trumpeting in my stomach.
"What? No I know it's not her. He said that she was more than just a girl she was special. That the power they gave her would save all of us."
"He also said that one person in one of the groups would fall for her right before she kills him. But not in time for him to shoot her. You know we would have to kill you before that happens."
"The old man is crazy he doesn't know the future he's just trying to get you to believe him. And, it's not her!"I spit in his face." She just reminds me of...of Olivia." He puts a hand on my shoulder.
"Oh, sorry I didn't know."
"It's fine." Shrugging his hand off but it lingers a few seconds longer than necessary.
"Ok." Matt adds. He stands and walks over to join the others in the kitchen. Sitting alone on that couch watching the others felt weird. Until I feel the right side of the couch sink a little. I look over to see Anna sitting with a smile on her pretty face. I mean don't get me wrong she beautiful and all but Athena is indescribable. In Anna's hands is a plate with a smoked half fish and corn.
"Athena wanted me to give you this she said that you haven't eaten in the three hours since you got here. And something like if your going to stay up all night than it might as well be on a full stomach." She pass me the plate smiles and leaves returning to the kitchen. The meaning of what Athena said is instant. I look in the kitchen to see a smiling face looking back at me.
Looking back at the food I close my eyes to say grace.
God if your listening to this please don't let her be the one. Please. She's to important to me and she needs me even if she doesn't understand it yet.
Opening my eyes I look at the food. And, dig in.