Chapter 31

A/N Double update day!

Indigo's POV

"You didn't have many clothes in your car, so I brought some of mine." Amelia explained. Looking at her clothes it was obvious we had very different styles. "This your first date with Buster, we need you to look perfect!"

"Actually, this is my first date period." I mumbled.

Cass and Amelia turned to look at me in shock.

"Seriously!?" Amelia shouted. I winced and Cass slapped her arm and gave her a glare.

"You've never been on a date before?" Cass asked gently.

"No, I just," I struggled to find the words. "Guys scared me, what if they were like Drake or my dad?"

"Not everyone is like that Indi." Cass pointed out.

"Yup, just look at all the yummy men around here. They'd never hurt any of us. Hell, they'd hurt anyone that tried to hurt us." Amelia pointed out.

"I know, Buster was the first guy I ever felt safe around. I feel safe here, but there's more." I explained. "I was always afraid that as soon as guys saw my scars and found out what's happened to me, they wouldn't want me anymore because I'm too dirty." I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"Oh Indi, I totally get it." Cass assured me, I looked at her skeptically. "No really, I do. When I was in college some men attacked me. I have some scars of my own from their assault. I thought I was dirty and too broken too. Gage helped me to see beyond my scars and made me feel beautiful again. He told me all the time until I was able to believe it myself. He loves me and saw past the brokenness."

"I don't have any scars, but I came here with a lot of baggage. Blade saw past my mask and helped me to get rid of the baggage. Now I finally feel like I have a home." Amelia said dreamily.

Maybe Buster will see beyond my past and scars, "Thanks for sharing with me, it really helps." I gave them a smile. "Now I really appreciate the help getting ready, but I don't think I'm ready to wear anything that's too revealing." I said gently trying to not offend Amelia.

Cass nudged Amelia, "I told you she wouldn't feel comfortable." Cass turned to me then, "I brought some clothes too, but Amelia made me leave the in the hall saying hers were more 'appropriate' for a date." Doing air quotes with appropriate. Amelia just rolled her eyes.

Cass brought in her clothes and showed them to me. I let out a sigh of relief, "Yes, thanks Amelia, but I think these might be more comfortable for me."

Amelia sighed in defeat but said no more about it. Cass did my make up while Amelia did my hair. They both bickered as they went over what they felt was right for the date. I just rolled my eyes and let them do it. I've always just worn my hair straight and down and I was never one for make-up. So best to leave it up to them, even if they did have different ideas about the whole thing.

Finally, I was dressed and got to look into the mirror for the first time. I barely recognized myself. Cass was able to hide the bruising on my face. "Thank you." I whispered out to them, overcome with emotion from the kindness they had shown me.

"Of course!" Cass said give me a small hug.

"Us old ladies have to stay together." Amelia gave me a wink.

Just then there was a soft knock at the door. Buster poked his head in, "Hey is Bird..." When he saw me, his question died on his lips and he just stared at me. I began to worry something was wrong and it must have showed on my face because Buster coughed and continued, "You look breath taking Little Bird."