Chapter 11

*Warning some of the following may be triggering for some. Please proceed with caution if you have struggled with physical or sexual assault.
Also just a reminder, I do not edit before posting the chapters. I wait until the story is finished or else it would take me longer to get them out. I do better getting all out of my head and then going back later to edit.

Chapter 11

Indigo's POV

After Indi left the Baby shower

            The drive from Tyler to Waynoka, OK took me 7 hours to make. It's about 8 in the evening. I drove on auto pilot trying to not get lost in my head with memories to prepare myself for stepping foot into my hometown again. Aunt Rose didn't say what hospital she was in so I knew I had to go to the house before anywhere else. I promised myself I'd never go back into that house of horrors again, but I'm not left with a choice.

            As I pull up to the old two story home I brace myself trying to keep the memories at bay. There are no cars in the driveway, but that doesn't mean anything since my dad and brother usually park out by their shop.

            I take a deep breath before opening my car door and heading towards the rock wall that lines the driveway. There is a loose rock in it that a spare key has always been kept behind. I slowly walk towards the front door. I put my weight on the first step of the porch and cringe when I hear that familiar creak they would always make. The house is out in the country and the nearest neighbor is half a mile away. There are some woods behind the house but any sound at night tends to carry. Whenever I heard this creak late at night growing up, I knew it was my father coming home from the local honky tonk drunk out of his mind and that sound never boded well for me and what was to follow it. I shake my head trying to keep the memories at bay and force myself to continue walking up the steps.

            Reaching the door, I contemplate whether I really want to walk through it again. More so if I can even walk through it again. I have to do this, she's my mom. I open the screen door and stick the key into the lock before opening it. I close my eyes and step back into my nightmare.

            It's the smell that assaults me first and has my mind trying to spiral back into the memories. I try to take deep breaths to calm myself, but I can already tell it is a losing battle. Then suddenly I'm broken out of my panic by a noise coming from the kitchen. I open my eyes to see a young pail girl there. She's skinny too skinny. She has bright green eyes and red hair with freckles on her face. She's looking at me with a terrified expression and seems unsure of what to do.

            "I'm Indi, who are you?" I gently ask her, trying not to scare her more.

            "I...I..." she tries to say something but she seems so unsure. She starts to frantically shake her head no and turns her head towards the ground.

            "She's your replacement." I hear my brother Drake say from over by the stairs. I turn my face to him and freeze. By our looks you would almost think we're twins. Same raven colored hair, light complexion, and blue eyes the color of the sky. That's all that makes us similar though. Over the years many have claimed how hot my brother is, but I know the monster with in. His eyes are dead inside unless he is hurting someone. Right now, I can see the excitement in his eyes, like he just found his favorite toy after having it lost for so long.

            It's then I hear the creak of that step followed by the screen door opening before I feel warmth behind me. I then hear a voice whisper behind my ear that I thought I'd never hear again. "Indigo..." He then runs his nose along the side of my head breathing me in, "Oh it's been too long baby girl, but you still smell so sweet." He ran his hand down my hair then and down my back, I frozen with fear, but when he continued to lower his hand I jerked away from him knowing what was coming next.  I