Chapter 15

Screw's POV

Hearing her whimpers and cries coming from that shop did something to my soul. I knew once I stepped foot into that building nothing would ever be the same for me again. Hawk, Blade, Gage, Axel, and all the guys with old ladies have talked about how when they first saw their old lady they just knew, and their protective instincts kicked into overdrive. They would do whatever it took to keep their women safe, no cost was too high for them. For me, it old took hearing her at the hands of that monster. I didn't even need to see her for me to know I would walk through fire for her, hell even die for her. Then when I saw her face. She took my breath away. Even bruised and broken, my Red was beautiful. Her freckles, pale skin, green eyes, and red hair I took her all in. I'll never be able to get the sight of her on that hook out of my head. I instantly had to put down the threat and I would have beat him to death had they not pulled me off. When I got to Red though and peered down at her on the stained concrete floor the thoughts have that monster faded and all I could think about was whisking her away from that place.

Looking down at Red's face and seeing her relaxed brought me a little bit of calm. She looked so relaxed. Doc had given her a sedative because he felt the ride would cause her too much pain to be awake for. Her injuries were severe and the jostling from the road would not be kind to her. I gently run my hand over her black and blue face. No one was going to hurt her again. She looks like a small breeze would knock her over, she's only skin and bones. They must have hardly fed her. I can only imagine the torture she has endured at their hands. We've got a long road ahead of us. Yes, we. I'm going to help her figure it all out. She's broken, but I'm going to help her pieces together all those broken pieces no matter how long it takes. She's a fighter. There's a warrior waiting to be let out in there. She drugged those men, she got the Bird, she got bird safely away and managed to stall them long enough for her to escape and get to us. All to protect anyone else from living in the nightmare she had to go through. Yes, there's a warrior in there and we're going to break her free from her chains.

Hawk's POV

We're only about 20 minutes from the Ranch. It took a little longer than we would have liked to get Cleo ready for transport due to her injuries, but she was our number one priority coming to Oklahoma. Plus, we have our prize catch in the back of the truck. The rage fueling through my veins is barely contained. One of the men that her my Little Flame was only a mere 6 feet away from me, waiting for me to rain down my vengeance. Not having my Little Flame with me to help calm my storm is proving difficult. I feel close to the edge again, since she's come into my life, she's helped me to learn how to control the storm instead of letting it control me. She even surprised me after our engagement celebration and had the same tattoo she has inked on me so that I could carry the reminder around with me. Only I insisted that around the bottle was a blazing fire. To help remind me that she is my greatest reason to control that storm and her strength to keep fighting only helps me to keep fighting as well.

As soon as Screw told us Drake was most likely in Texas and had possibly followed Bird to the Ranch, I told all the men to get to work while I called to ensure everything was secure and to warn them. Ember was terrified someone had been hurt when she answered the call. When I told her Drake might be near, I heard her gasp but then I knew my Little Flame had come ablaze when with determination she asked what they needed to do. She's the perfect woman to be the Prez's old lady. Always thinking of others, fierce, strong, a leader, and able to push aside her feelings and do what needs to be done. Hell, if she was a man, she'd be President material herself, thank God she wasn't though and she was all mine.

Finally, I saw the gates to the ranch up ahead and saw the 2 prospects with loaded guns begin to open the gate up for us. I would love to play with our catch but, we're going to have to call Church first. We don't know where Drake could be. We need to talk out a plan of gathering some information first, then we'll ask the Father of the Year nicely on how we might go about finding Drake, and then we'll come back together again to go over what we've gained so far. It's going to a be a long night. It's already 2am and the men with me all need sleep but I know like me none of us will be sleeping anytime soon. Not with that monster still on the loose. My Little Flame is in danger the longer he is on the loose and nothing like him will touch her again. He may be a monster but so are we and there are more of us than him.