Chapter 29: The Location

So day one. The day after meeting Madison and Mason meeting Sadie. We take a break for a while because I need to recover, but it's mostly Stephanie still mad about my bickering with Joanne and avoiding me.

Simon told me about what he learned after meeting Sadie. The kidnappers took josé to a place with lots of trees, and the direction of the path was straight. I'm assuming no building around it since there were a lot of trees.

Furthermore, Mason informed me that there's already a cop guarding José in the hospital, and nothing happened after that. No gangster trying to get in.

Sadly José is still in a coma. After we took notes on everything that looked suspicious in his phone, we took his phone back to where we found it.

On day two, Madison informed me that everything was set. We're testing it on Simon. Madison told him to go far from here without telling us and answered the phone.

"Simon, when you get a call from an unknown number, answer it, okay?" Madison said to the phone.

"Aye, aye, captain," Simon spoke through the speaker's phone, and I ended the call.

Madison typed Simon's number on her laptop, "Ready? I hope this works."

"I hope so, if not. We just wasted two days working on this code," that is Melvin. He's the senior that helped Madison with the code or whatever they said.

He's also looked like a basic nerd like a hunchback, a jacket, a big backpack, glasses, and don't forget the brain.

I've noticed how Melvin looked at Madison. Perhaps, the reason Melvin helped her with this is that he had a crush on her. Madison, on the other hand, doesn't look interested in Melvin. She's interested more in finishing this work and driving my car.

"Alright, I'm calling Simon," Madison pressed the Enter button, and the call ringed.

When Simon answered the call, "Elo?"

The screen starts to write by itself, and after a few minutes, it shows the coordinate. I gasped, "Holy shit, it works. Don't move, Simon."

"I'm not, dude," he replied.

Melvin searched the coordinate on his laptop and showed the location on the maps, "Simon, are you at a mountain?"

"Uh, yeah- Oh shit, it works?"

"Yeah, dude! Come back here," I told Simon.

"Alright, I'm coming," Simon replied and ended the call.

"One thing you need to know. We locate him right after he answers the phone. The coordinate isn't live, so you can only get the location once they answer our call, and it can only work on my laptop," Madison explained.

"In the meantime, Let's grab a coffee real quick," Melvin said as he stood up.

"I'm coming. You guys wanna join?" Madison ask.

Stephanie and I shook our heads, but we asked them to buy us coffee.

"Alright, I'll be right back," they said as they left the room.

I look around Madison's room. Books all over the place. On her desk, the floor, even under the bed. I didn't know she would be this nerd. I have fewer books than Madison, even though we're the same year.

"Are we not going to talk about it?" Stephanie asks suddenly while sitting on the bed.

I turned my attention to Stephanie, "You're still mad about it?"

"Duh! Of course, I do. What's her problem anyway?" Stephanie pouted.

I shrugged, "maybe she's jealous."