Chapter 4

-

Amaya stumbled through the large mansion, unable to find the proper way out. The house continued to change rooms, the sound of drums becoming more and more echoey with the amount of blood she lost. She sighed as the drum sounded again, the room where she was in changing yet again. Amaya groaned in frustration as she changed her path once again, keeping one of her hands pressed firmly against her bleeding abdomen. She placed her free palm against the door, not expecting the shifting gravity and yelping in surprise as she fell through the next room. A bright light entered her field of vision before she closed her eyes, the burning heat of the sun hitting her exposed skin as she was forcefully thrown outside of the mansion.

She gasped as soon as she realized that she had successfully made it out of the house, but unfortunately not in the way she wanted. Amaya felt the cold wind against her cheeks, so her eyes shot open at the realization that she was falling to the ground. Her free hand quickly shot out on instinct, hoping to grab onto something that could break her fall. As soon as she felt the feeling of wood grazing her open palm, she closed her hand, dangling off a railing that separated the first and second floor of the house. Amaya groaned as she felt her wounds stretch because of her awkward position, the scratches on her left arm which was holding onto the railing leaking even more blood.

She swiftly looked down while wincing from the stinging pain, calculating her estimated height above the ground before releasing the railing and dropping to the ground. Her knees buckled as soon as she made contact, the girl sucking in a breath at the painful sensations all over her body. She curled in on herself, squeezing her eyes shut as she tried to ignore what she was feeling, she'd been through worse after all. She couldn't believe she'd allowed herself to sustain this many wounds, cursing herself for being weak. After a good minute of trying to get the pain to settle with some recovery breathing, she slowly looked back up, finding herself outside where she had entered the house in the first place.

There was nobody outside, yet she immediately noticed a familiar wooden box standing in the shadows unsupervised. Amaya knew it was Tanjiro's sister, and despite not caring what happened with Nezuko for now, she still decided to shuffle towards the box. As soon as she reached her destination, she plopped herself onto the ground next to it, leaning her elbow on top of the box to catch her breath. Now she could actually sit still and focus on trying to close her wounds, something she had learned from the Flame pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro. Living in the Demon Slayer Headquarters meant being close to all of the hashira's and seeing how Ichiro was great friends with Rengoku, it was only obvious that Amaya would be around the extravagant man just as often.

Amaya winced as she cut her finger on a sharp knife, blood almost immediately starting to ooze out of the open skin. She quickly brought her finger to her mouth, sucking on her new wound to try and make the bleeding stop, but obviously, such things didn't work. Just then, the broad man called Rengoku waltzed into the kitchen, his bright smile on full display as always. His big yellow and red eyes didn't take long to find Amaya's form standing around with her finger in her mouth. Rengoku hummed loudly, catching the 11-year-old's attention as she glanced up at him, a frown ever so clear on her features. The bright man walked up to her, stopping right in front of her while holding out his hand, his smile never wavering.

Amaya glanced at his hand before raising a brow at his gesture, confused as to what he was asking of her. "You're wounded aren't you? Let me see", spoke Rengoku loudly, his eyes boring into her own. Amaya slowly took her finger from her mouth, placing her hand on top of Rengoku's before he brought it closer to his face to inspect it. "I see, a cooking accident? How unfortunate!" exclaimed Rengoku to which Amaya rolled her eyes. "Well obviously it's unfortunate. Now let me go find a bandage", mumbled the purple-haired girl, but before she could move, Rengoku tightened his hold on her hand, dragging her over towards the table besides them and pulling out two chairs.