the hill of yearning

"Is it love because I'm willing to go through it all from the very beginning again?"

Only shortly after the showdown with the Cullens Aro Volturi decides to create a Hybrid of his own, hoping to acquire more power than he's ever had before

Only shortly after the showdown with the Cullens Aro Volturi decides to create a Hybrid of his own, hoping to acquire more power than he's ever had before. With a suitable human, he ends up with what he calls his greatest creation yet: Ophelia Volturi. With a fate destined from the day of her birth, Ophelia grows up with her family's harsh expectations, strained relationships and the knowledge, that she'll forever be a prisoner in her home.

Jasper Hale has lived with the knowledge that he'll always be a monster for over one hundred years. With resentment towards his own actions, a best friend whose feelings he never reciprocated and a family that fails to fully understand his past, he has accepted what his life has come to and tries to endure it daily.

As Ophelia flees Volterra shortly before her eighteenth birthday and ends up in New Hampshire in an attempt to gain control of her life, she crashes into Jasper Hale, changing both of their lives - forever.