Chapter 10: Way Back

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I'm very impressed," Jisoo replied, her voice full of admiration.

"Shall we go dancing then?" Jisoo suggested, knowing that dancing wasn't Haein's favorite activity, but he would do anything to make her happy.

"All right, let's do it," Haein murmured in her ear, his love for her evident in his words.

~

"Yo, dude! So stoked to see you here!" Kyungsoo exclaimed as he pulled Jungkook into a tight hug. Jungkook returned the hug, brimming with excitement as he expressed his happiness to see Kyungsoo as well.

"Hyung, I missed you. Why didn't you say hello? I've been asking everyone for your number but no one seems to have it," Jungkook asked Kyungsoo.

"Well, you know, I've become a bit cautious about giving out my number. These days I only give out my manager's contact instead of mine," Kyungsoo replied.

"Hey, I hope I get your personal number and not your manager's. Just saying," Jungkook teased playfully.

"Haha, nice try buddy. Believe me, I wouldn't do that to you," Kyungsoo laughed, his laughter mixed with his words. Suddenly, Jungkook remembered the favor that his friend had asked him to do at that party. While talking to Kyungsoo, he carefully scanned the crowd, looking for someone in particular.

And there she was, dancing in the middle of the crowd.

"Hyung, sorry man, give me a second. I need to make a quick call," Jungkook informed Kyungsoo.

"No worries, take your time," Kyungsoo replied.

📞

Jungkook>Hello Hyung, she's here. Are you coming?
Taehyung> Thanks Jungkook, yes I'm coming right now. Bye.

Determined to see Jisoo at the party, Taehyung was willing to find a way in even without an invitation. Luckily, Jungkook, who had scored an invitation, became Taehyung's ticket to the event. Taehyung couldn't shake the memory of how he had begged Hoseok for Jisoo's number, especially after he found out that she was dating Haein. Despite his efforts, Hoseok had refused to give it to him, convinced that Taehyung would only bring trouble into her life again.

However, Taehyung longed to hear it directly from Jisoo's lips if she really had moved on. The party seemed like the perfect opportunity to finally meet her in person. In a text message to Jungkook, Taehyung informed him of his presence outside. Without wasting a second, Jungkook quickly left the venue, determined to find his friend.

"Hey, here's the ticket you need to get in," Jungkook explained and handed it to Taehyung.

"Wait, isn't yours already used? I can't enter with a ticket that's already been scanned," Taehyung exclaimed.

"That's why I got you a brand new one," Jungkook reassured him.

"How on earth did you find one? Did you steal it?" Taehyung asked.