Surprise

Saira's POV:

I waited impatiently with my eyes closed. Suddenly Nigel turned me so that my back was facing him and something cold touched my skin. The very next moment his hands were brushing against the back of my neck, I felt shivers ran down my spine. The effect he had on me was beyond my understanding. I still sometimes find it difficult to believe that this is not a dream but is actually happening. Then he turned me around again and said "now open your eyes". As soon as I opened my eyes, it met with that beautiful pair of shining dark brown eyes which had the power to hypnotize me. He smiled and then I looked at my neck and soon a gasp escaped my mouth and I looked at him surprised. He pulled me towards him and hugged me from the back and asked me if I liked it or not. I was completely dumbfounded because a beautiful three-layered chain necklace with three small pendants rested on my neck. It was the exact same necklace I was looking at the market this morning while sight-seeing. I wanted to buy it but I had already bought a lot of things and was running short of my money so didn't buy it.

I said to him "Like it? I absolutely love it. Actually, I was looking at this necklace in the market but didn't buy. Thank you so much but this was quite expensive. You didn't need to buy this you know." and hugged him back.

He said "Well I also came across it in the market and it reminded me of you so I thought I'll take this for you and you need not to think about the expense. You are worth more than this."

I smiled and said "Cheesy".

He chuckled and said "Can't help it when you are around. By the way do you know why this reminded me of you?"

I shook my head in a no and he continued "Well there are three factors in the necklace, the earth, the moon and the heart. This all reminds me of you. The Earth because how much you love the nature and a down to earth person you are. The Moon because you love the moon more than anything and I have noticed you talking to the moon. And finally, the HEART because.... You have captured my heart Saira, you will always have a very important place in my heart."

Nigel's surprise gift to Saira

I was just listening to his words shocked and wondering 'he actually said this all and I'm not dreaming. Nobody has ever said something like this to me before plus he said "You have captured my heart Saira", How did I become this lucky?' and being the sensitive, emotional person I am, my eyes were already watering and glistening. He came near and kissed my cheek and pulled me back into a back hug resting his head on mine. He then said "Now let's enjoy watching the moonlit shore and waves because I'm sure we all will be missing this tomorrow." With a hint of sadness in his voice.

I touched the necklace and smiled but soon his words hit me we are going back tomorrow and my smile disappeared and the tears escaped my eyes. Again, I started to overthink and tensed up thinking what's gonna happen after he goes back to London, will he actually remember me and stay in contact regularly, after all we just met at a vacation and the age gap.

His voice brought me out of my trance when he said "Don't think so much Sai just live the present"

I rested my head on his chest and leaned against him watching the waves crashing against the shore, it was getting dark and soon my eyes became heavy after all the sight seeing and emotional rollercoaster and I soon drifted off to sleep. The last thing I remember was a jacket wrapping against my body and a forehead kiss.

I was woken up sometimes later with a gentle shaking and I snuggled closer to Nigel then I heard a chuckle and I rubbed my eyes, opening it slowly. I saw Nigel staring at me with a smile. I realised it was quite dark outside and very chilly. He said to me "Lets get back to the resort, it's getting very cold here." I nodded and realised I was wearing his jacket and he was just in his tee and jeans. I was like "Aren't you feeling cold, why did you give your jacket?" He said "it's ok, you were colder".

I nodded and he helped me to get on my feet and we were going back to the resort with the others. I again saw Crystal with that guy named Aiden, interesting....

As soon as we reached, we got scolded for coming back so late in this cold. We went in our rooms to freshen up. I changed into my comfy pj set as I knew we weren't going out anymore.

The aunties came and said they bought gifts for us. I thought to myself ok I'm definitely getting a lot of surprises today. After all the gifts session was done, I thanked everyone and then they went to their rooms. I messaged Jen and another best friend Issy to show the things I bought and got.

Saira: Guys see I got so many things from here and they all are lovely.

Jen: Woah, pretty did you buy the whole market or what?

Issy: Yeah don't you know her; she spends her money wildly while shopping.

Saira: Are you guys done? And most of them are gifts I got from the aunties and a few from my sisters. Of course, my brothers are useless. Although Nik and Nigel gifted me something.

Jen: What did Nik gift you? Show me.

Issy: Don't you think someone is getting excited Saira?

Saira: Yeah well, I'll show you and give details about everything once I come home.

Jen: NO. You guys are annoying. I was just asking to show the gift.

Saira: Yeah whatever. Btw how was your trip Issy?

Issy: Yeah it was good. We have a lot to catch up, come back soon.

Saira: Yeah now I've to go. Bye bitches.

Jen: Bye idiots.

Issy: Bye donkeys.

I smiled to myself thinking about my friends and how silly we all are.

Soon Sana, Crys and I were lying on our bed when Sana suddenly said to me "What's going on between Nigel and you, I've seen you both together almost throughout the trip." I looked at Crys and said "Uhm... We kinda like each other and we confessed and we like each other's company so yup that's it." Sana said "So are you guys together? I mean dating each other?" suddenly the words kinda scared me and I said "I don't know Sana, I seriously don't. We just met in this trip although I had a crush on him for a long time plus we live literally on two different parts of the world and above all our age difference. I'm not even 18 yet. I don't know what will happen once we go back to our regular life again. I'm scared to lose him honestly"

Crys said "Don't worry whatever will happen will be good, don't think too much." Sana nodded and said "Truly this was one of the best trips of my life." Crys and I agreed and nodded. We were kinda getting sad knowing tomorrow morning we are going back.

Suddenly Crys said "Wow that necklace is pretty." I smiled and kinda blushed when I remembered our sweet little beach moment. Sana caught me and said "What's up with that blushing? Did he give you this?" I nodded and they gasped and burst into 'oh my god' 'wow that's so sweet' 'this is so pretty'. I chuckled to see their excitement and said "yeah, I know right? And actually, this is a very thoughtful gift" and I told them everything Nigel told me and they were like 'aww'. I smiled and said "I'm gonna miss him a lot."