Worried

Saira's POV:

So many days passed and tomorrow we were finally going back to Kolkata. It was early in the morning and I was super hungry as last night I was too tired to stay awake. After talking to Jen for some more time, Crys and I got too sleepy and decided to skip dinner. Although my mother came and tried to wake me, I just whined and refused to get up. I got up and searched for some dry food but couldn't find anything. I wore my warm, furry sweater over my t-shirt and a pair of warm, furry leggings and went outside. I checked the phone, it was 5:30 in the morning, everybody was asleep. There was a faint light in the sky, I was walking through the beautiful flower gardens and touched them gently; the cold dew drops touched the tip of my fingers and it felt nice. The sun was yet to rise so the lights were still on. The cold breeze was touching my face, making me shiver a little. I didn't realise that I reached the beach until the sound of the waves became very clear. The whole beach was deserted other than the small tea stalls. I decided to go there to drink some warm tea and I'll get biscuits too which turned out to be a great way to sate my hunger.

Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder, making me gasp and jump. I was about to scream when he held my mouth and I sighed in relief. He said "What are you doing here alone at this hour? You know it's an unknown place and it is very unsafe for you to be here alone and you came without informing anybody. You even left the resort and came to beach what if-"

I cut him by saying "My god give yourself some rest and stop scolding me" he was very serious and not the always smiling and happy Nigel, I knew. He can be quite scary sometimes but deep inside I felt happy knowing that he was concerned about me and cared for me and smiled.

He glared at me and said "I'm telling you something important and you are smiling. Saira I'm serious, I couldn't even reach your phone. Do you have any idea how scared I was when I found the door to your room open and you were nowhere to be found. I searched the whole resort but didn't find you"

I felt bad for troubling him so much. In this cold weather, he was sweating clearly evident that he was running. I lowered my head and said lowly "I'm sorry. Actually, I was very hungry and didn't find anything so I came out and didn't realise when I reached the beach. I'm so sorry for troubling you and making you worry for me"

His expression changed and softened quickly and said "I'm sorry too, I might've overreacted a bit I guess". I just nodded slightly and he said wrapping his arms around me "You said you were hungry so let's go to that tea stall and eat something first". I just nodded and walked with him. I sat on the bench while he went and ordered tea and biscuits for us. He came back and sat beside me and said "C'mon cheer up. I'm sorry, I overreacted but don't go somewhere alone without informing someone again, okay?" I nodded and smiled lightly and he hugged me and kissed my forehead. Soon they gave us the tea and biscuits. I ate a full small packet of biscuits and sipped my tea while savouring it. He looked at me and said "See this is why you shouldn't skip your dinner. No more skipping dinner or any meals in future". I nodded obediently and giggled.

He grinned looking at me and asked me to take a walk along the beach then we'll go back. We held hands and held the cup with other hand and walked. I pointed towards the sunrise and said "It's so beautiful". He left my hand and when I turned back to see what happened, I saw him holding his phone as if he was clicking pictures.

I furrowed and he showed me his phone. It was a picture of me admiring the sunrise. It was a candid but it looked so ethereal, that reddish orange coloured sun rising above the waves and my side profile admiring it. I smiled at him and said "It came so nice. Thanks for the snap." He bowed his head and I chuckled then he again held my hand. We walked for some more time in silence, not that awkward silence but that calm, soothing silence which makes you feel more relaxed. We disposed the cups and walked back to the room. It was 6 now and still everyone was sleeping. We sneaked in and locked the main door and stood at the door which joined both our rooms. He said "Well good morning but let's sleep again" I giggled soundlessly and said "Good morning and yeah, we have to go sightseeing again after breakfast. So, bye for now" I went towards my bed and he went to his room.

I smiled remembering everything that was happening since last night and soon I drifted off to sleep.

I was soon woken up as my sister was torturing me by pulling my hair so that I wake up. I groaned in annoyance and rubbed my eyes. I saw Nigel giving me an apologetic smile and I pouted. My sister of course had to ruin that moment so she pulled me out of my covers and pushed me towards the washroom. I freshened up and took a quick shower. I wore a sleeveless white dress with black stripes which ended just above my knee. I put a matching hairband and applied my lipstick and eyeliner. I got ready quite soon and went to the breakfast table where I was greeted by everyone. I went and sat beside Sana as Divya and Nik were sitting on either side of Nigel. We were talking about the different places we were going to visit that day.

We booked a big traveller and I sat beside Nigel resting my head on his shoulders as they told it would take almost half an hour to reach there. Most of us cousins were quiet. Either sleeping and listening to music or talking to each other very slowly. 

My thoughts went to the unknown things that were waiting for me in the near future. 'What will happen when we will go back to Kolkata? Will I ever get to meet him again? Can we work this long-distance relationship?  Does he even considers this as a relationship? What if he thinks I'm too immature for him? What if he falls for someone else there? What if...'