one. busted

one.

. • -

busted

A THUD WAS HEARD as a pair of feet landed onto a blue tin roof.

The young Vi crouched down, taking a breath before she looked down at the ground with narrowed eyes to see if there were any wandering citizens or enforcers on patrol nearby.

Much to her advantage, there didn't seem to be anyone.

Despite all the noise Vi was making every time she hopped from roof to roof, nobody caught her. They never checked out the noise or opened their window and peeked out.

How could they? Why would they? They'd never have to. Not when they've got their big, soft, comfortable beds to sleep in. Not when they've got enforcers at every corner keeping them safe.

Nothing to worry about. Not in Piltover.

That's what life was like on the other side. In Topside. Where people could sleep soundly every night with sweet dreams and full stomachs and stable jobs.

Not like where Vi came from, not at all. Back where she lived, it was so dark and dreary. People were sick, starving, dying. Having to sleep with one eye open every night, having to steal and rob and kill and fight for money, having to watch their backs at every turn they take, every dark alley they passed.

That was the life Vi grew up living.

Becoming curious, she decided to make an attempt to rob a Piltover home since the undercity was running out of resources.

And boy, when she saw the city for the first time- all those big, clean, shiny houses, all those enforcers down below, all the magnificent food that was cooked in restaurants, all the well made clothes and the medical supplies and the functioning vehicles, it left her in brief shock.

All she could think was... What the hell? What the hell? She had never seen a place like this before.

But then, Vi's shock faded into pure anger. Hatred.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. All these Pilties living oh, so lavishly, relishing in their riches. Meanwhile, underlings suffered in their filthy environment with barely anything to keep them going. Those in Piltover knew about this, and they didn't give not one single care.

To them, Zaun was nothing but a bunch of rubble the world forgot to bury. A city full of lowlifes. Piltover thought they were the masters- the superiors in control.

It was enough to fill Vi's rage to the maximum.

But you know what? Fuck it.

If they want to keep all their precious resources to themselves, then so be it. Vi had no problem taking whatever she wanted from them herself.

Now of course, this was risky.

It wasn't as easy as stealing from a little shack in the Lanes. People in Piltover had way more security, making it easier for Vi to get caught.

Even then, she never did.

It was still easy enough for her to evade enforcers in the streets, especially thanks to the disguise of the dark night sky.

Now, this wasn't Vi's first time stealing from Piltover. Normally, she went for the small little houses that were an easy in and out. This time around, she was going for a mansion.

Vi was hesitant to do this at first, but she motivated herself with the thought of all the money she could make selling the stuff she found and what good it could do for her and her family.