✶ ✶ ✶

After an hour or so my brother comes back downstairs with Kiana beside him, and he looks more than absolutely fucking annoyed.

He looks like he's ready to tell us to leave him alone and possibly to sleep forever.

But he doesn't say a word, he just looks to Rhys and I, glaring at the man beside me as if the simple action would turn him to dust and I suddenly have the urge to block Rhys from his view.

"Im assuming what Hugo said was a lie, yes?" He asks, clearly still in denial of the whole situation.

"It's complicated."

"Complicated how? Complicated like my best friend has been fucking my little sister for months or complicated like its not true?" He asks, his tone even and Kiana cringes just like I do at how blunt he'd said it.

"JESSE!"

"Yeah, think I'm gonna go..." Ki says and Rhys hums, the only one who acknowledges what she says since Ambrose is too busy glaring at Rhys and I'm too busy staring at Jes.

As soon as the door closes my brother groans loudly, rubbing a hand down his face. "Fuck Blackburn, why her?" He mumbled, looking to Rhys beside me.

"She's- she's so different from you, literally, you- you don't even fucking get along."

"We get along just fine." Rhys says from beside me and I almost back handed him for just how suggestive that sounded

"Was that a fucking sex joke about my sister?"

"Maybe."

"No." I say along with Rhys's maybe and I looked to him with my very own death glare, "Seriously?" I ask softly and he shrugs as I stand up with him, holding his hand in mine.

"Look-"

"No."

I rolled my eyes, dropping Rhys's hand, crossing my arms over my chest, "I know you're pissed but you can't do anything about it now, you have to accept it Jes, it's not even a big deal."

He scoffed at that and looked to Rhys, seeming like he was done talking to me.

"I told you not to fuck with my sister when she moved here, remember when I slept with Frankie? you made the biggest fucking deal of it, and you know what I did? Because unlike you im not a fucking hypocrite, I moved on, even if I liked her, but when it comes to you and Dylan I have to accept it?"

He shook his head, not even so much as letting us explain anymore. "But thats you, you do whatever the fuck you want to, huh?"

I look to Rhys beside me, but he didn't look the least bit affected by the comments but I felt kinda horrible for it, as if hurting him was just hurting me instead, but it was a known fact that Rhys was a thousand times more thick skinned than i'd ever be.

"Maybe thats why your own fucking father prefers me over you." He spat, adding way too much fuel to the fire and my jaw quite literally dropped.

I noticed Rhys's jaw clench at that, but he didn't say anything back because truth was a part of him must think we were in the wrong for not telling Ambrose anyway, he's probably just letting Ambrose blow off some steam so he can get over this quicker, but I knew that ticked him off a little, he had a very rocky relationship with his father, and I knew they didn't even speak, or barely spoke.

Sweeney Sweets जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें