The Aftermath

Suddenly, the phone starting ringing, interrupting class.
   "What could that be about?" Ms. Kinkay asked herself, answering it. "Hello?"
   "Looks like a break," Tyson whispered to Kenny. "So, tell me more about your plans for Dragoon."
   "Tyson? Kenny?" Ms. Kinkay asked for them, hanging up the phone. "You two have been called to the office."
   "Yes," Hillary whispered.
   "I didn't do anything!" Kenny shouted. "There must be a mistake!"
   "Come on Kenny, let's go," Tyson said, getting up.
   "Take your stuff," Ms. Kinkay said.
   Tyson and Kenny packed up their stuff, taking it with them as they left the room.
   "What do you think is going on?" asked Tyson.
   "I don't know," Kenny told him. "Must be something really bad though." He coward behind his bag.
   Tyson opened the door to the office and he and Kenny walked in. Right away they spotted Ryu showing off his kendo skills.
   "Grandpa!" Tyson shouted.
   Ryu stopped right in the middle of his demonstration.
   "Hey little dudes!" Ryu shouted. "Have I got some news for you!"
   "What is it?" asked Tyson.
   "Wait till you see," Ryu told him. "Come on! Time's a wastin'!"
   "Whatever it is it really necessary for you to get us out of school?" asked Kenny.
   "Sure it is!" Ryu yelled at him.

   The threesome got in the car. As they went along, Tyson leaned forward in his seat.
   "That's the hospital," he said. His jaw dropped. "You mean?!"
   Ryu laughed.
   "That's right!" he exclaimed. "Fueha's awake!"
   "That's amazing!" Kenny declared.

   As soon they arrived, Tyson rushed in as fast as he could. He skidded to a stop at the front desk.
   "Me and my grandpa and friend are here to see Fueha Batalla please," he said.
   "She hasn't moved," the person there said. "Go ahead."
   "Alright!" Tyson shouted, running along just as Ryu and Kenny walked in.
   "Tyson!" Kenny shouted, running after Tyson.
   "Man, that boy sure can run!" Ryu declared, walking after them.

   Tyson burst into Fueha's room. Seeing her, sleeping, Tyson almost fell from disappointment. But watching her, things seemed different. She was actually sleeping. Drujikon had been placed on the table beside her.
   "You're Tyson, right?" came a voice behind him.
   Tyson turned around to see a doctor.
   "I heard Fueha was awake," Tyson said.
   "She was," the doctor told him. "But I'm afraid we had to make her fall asleep. She had become violent. The lady at the desk should've told you of this. She's not allowed visitors at the moment, I'm afraid. Maybe tomorrow."
   "Aw," Tyson went. "Well, can you give her this?" Tyson pulled out a get well card and held it out hopefully. It had been one of many he had given.
   "It's getting to be quite a stack," the doctor commented, taking it. "I'll make sure she gets this. Sorry again about the inconvenience."
   Kenny came up then, out of breath. Ryu was close behind him, walking.
   "Tyson!" Kenny yelled. "I know you can't wait to see Fueha again, I can't either, but please slow down!"
   "Sorry Kenny," Tyson said, smiling with embarrassment. "Fueha's sleeping right now. The doctor said she became violent when she woke up."
   "That's too bad," Ryu said. "I wanted to see her up and out of bed too."

   The next day, Kenny was at school. Class was going to start and Tyson still wasn't there.
   "Where'd you go yesterday, a farewell party for Tyson?" asked Hillary. She was standing threateningly in front of Kenny.
   "No," Kenny told her. "Our friend in the hospital who's been in a coma for a year just woke up."
   "Is it Fueha?" someone asked. "I saw her battle in the World Championships. It ended pretty badly. Is she okay?"
   "Yeah, it's Fueha," Kenny answered. "And I'm not quite sure how she is. The hospital wasn't accepting visitors. Apparently when she woke up she was violent."
   "That's too bad," the person asked. He turned to the teacher. "Can we make a get well card for Fueha really quick?"
   "I think that would be great," Ms. Kinkay answered.

   Tyson ran to the hospital. He had a little bit of time before school started and he really wanted to see Fueha.
   "I'm here for Fueha," he told the lady at the desk.
   The lady smiled and nodded and Tyson raced to Fueha's room. He stopped, disappointed when he saw her sleeping, but it was early so this was understandable. Her arms and legs were strapped down.
   "It's happened again," the doctor said behind him.
   "Huh?" Tyson asked, turning.
   "I'm glad you're here," the doctor said. "But say, shouldn't you be in school?"
   "Well, I suppose I should go," Tyson said.
   "No, I think you should stay," the doctor told him. "It'll be good for Fueha. I'll write you an excuse."
   "Wow, thanks!" Tyson exclaimed. "So why is she strapped down?"
   "When she wakes up she attacks," the doctor informed. "It's dangerous for the staff and it's dangerous for her too."
   Tyson nodded and the doctor left. Tyson walked over to Fueha's side. Her eyelids were twitching and she appeared to be having a nightmare for her expression was one of distress. Tyson spotted Drujikon and grabbed it, placing it into Fueha's hand. Fueha clenched it tightly. It was the first real sign of life Tyson had seen in Fueha in a long time.
   After a moment, Fueha's yellow eyes shot open. Drujikon fell to the floor. A screech left her lips and she fought to get up. However, the straps held her down. Panicking, Fueha flapped her wings wildly. They turned to metal but she couldn't do anything because she was strapped down. Another moment passed of Fueha struggling when she finally stopped. Fueha started to cry.
   "No, no," she whispered.
   "Fueha!" Tyson shouted. "Fueha, are you okay?! It's me, Tyson!"
   "Tyson?" Fueha questioned, looking over.
   "Are you okay?" Tyson asked again.
   "The memories," she began, "of being strapped down to a table. I expect Borris to come in and cut into me."
   "Oh," went Tyson. "I'll take care of it."
   Tyson undid the straps and Fueha sat up, rubbing her wrists. Tyson just stared at her scars. There was one on her left cheek and all over her arms and he knew they were all over her legs as well. Fueha saw Tyson looking and Tyson looked away, spotting Drujikon on the floor. He bent down and picked it up, handing it to Fueha. Fueha took it gratefully.
   "Did you dream?" Tyson asked her.
   Fueha gave a slow nod.
   "What about?" Tyson pressed. "Well, if you don't want to say you don't have to."
   Fueha looked down.
   "I dreamed horrible things," she told him, "things I don't want to think about. But in the end it got better. I dreamed of Drujikon, and of you guys, you, Kai, Ray, Max, Kenny, and Tsurara."
   Tyson tensed a little. It was the first time anyone had mentioned Tsurara in a while. Hearing her name now sent back memories of her leaving. Fueha noticed this change in Tyson.
   "Are you okay?" she asked him.
   "Fine," Tyson lied. "How about you?"
   "I've been better," Fueha admitted. "Where are the others?"
   "Well Kenny's in school, Max is in America visiting his mom, Ray is back home in China, and Kai is, well I don't know about him," Tyson answered.
   "And Tsurara?"
   "I don't know about her either," Tyson told Fueha.
   "What do you mean?" asked Fueha.
   "After the World Championships, she left," Tyson said, the memories as strong as ever. "She just couldn't take it anymore and left to the world that houses Pokemon."
   "Must be because of Saki," Fueha muttered.
   That was another name unspoken in a long time.
   "Saki's dead," Tyson informed her. "She was shot through the skull."
   "Good riddance," Fueha declared. "Tyson, how long have I been out?"
   "A year," Tyson told her.
   "No," Fueha said. "It can't possibly be a year!"
   "I'm sorry, Fueha," Tyson said.
   "When can I go?" asked Fueha.
   "The doctors probably want to keep you here a little bit longer but maybe after a week you'll be back at home," Tyson told her.
   "I have no home," Fueha hissed at him. "I'm Russian but I'm not going back there!"
   "Maybe you can stay at my place," Tyson suggested. "There has to be an extra room."
   "Thanks, Tyson," Fueha said. She laid down. "I knew I could count on you."
   "The others will be really happy to hear you're doing okay," Tyson told her.
   "I can't wait to battle with all of you again," Fueha said, holding Drujikon tighter. "That's what I really can't wait for. I want to battle!"
   "Battle me first!" Tyson told her. "I really want to face your Drujikon. But don't think I'll go easy on you just cause you're a friend." 
   "I wouldn't have it any other way," Fueha told him.