𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, violence is the answer

Start from the beginning

Teresa doesn't know the Gladers as well as Evelyn, the brunette girl knows that the boys have never had to make a decision for themselves. They've always had someone to lead them and instruct them on what jobs that should do and how they should survive. This whole situation is terrifying to them - they're torn between two worlds, Evelyn sympathises for them.

"If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back." The black haired girl continues, her voice raising as she ignores Gally, "They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back until you're all dead."

"Shut up!" Gally yells, motioning aggressively towards the limp boy on the floor, "Tie him up! Do you hear me? I said, tie him up!"

Slowly, the two boys reach for Thomas, only for one of them to receive an elbow to the lower gut, making him stumble back as his friends gets jabbed with a spear. A fight breaks out, Newt and Minho using their machetes while Evelyn raises her foot, smashing it down onto Alec's toes, giving her enough time to whirl round and kick him back onto the floor. Frypan swiftly cuts Teresa's rope and releases her as Chuck jogs over with all of their supplies.

The rebellious group, stand in a row in front of the Maze entrance, all of them with a different weapon drawn and Evelyn brings out one of her knives, her eyes scanning over the scared Gladers in front of her.

Gally throws his arms up in a huff, his nostrils flared like usual, "You're full of surprises, aren't you?"

Thomas tightens his grip on the spear in his hands, "You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now's your last chance!"

Shaking his head, Gally holds his arms out, stopping the boys from moving any closer, "Don't listen to him. He's trying to scare you."

Evelyn takes a step forward, her knife falling to her side as she lowers her arm, "He's not trying to scare you, none of us are. You're already scared. Okay? I'm scared, believe it or not." She points to the dark corridor behind them, "But I'd rather risk my life out there than staying here - cooped up like shucking animals for some petty science experiment."

Thomas nods strongly, as he steps beside Evelyn so he can address the full group again, "We don't belong here. Okay? This place isn't our home. We were out here. Alright? We were trapped here. At least out there, we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that," He motions his head to the people behind him, "We know that."

Hastily, Winston, Jeff and a few other boys walk over, muttering small apologies to Gally as they pass, they heads dropped in guilt. Evelyn smiles reassuringly at them, showing them a side she never thought she would - but they need it.

"Gall, it's over." She soothes sadly, biting her bottom lip as he moves his gaze to the floor, "Just come with us. Please. I love you and I can't do this shit without you. Remember, we made a promise to always stick together when you first arrived. Don't break it now, not over this."

His eyes meet hers, and he shakes his head gently, a soft small on his lips only directed at her, "Sorry, Evelyn. Good luck against the Grievers. Don't die out there."

Evelyn let's out a small gasp, shaking her head as Thomas' hand slips into hers, pulling her backwards at into the one place she's hates ever since she arrived, "It's okay, Eve. We're going be okay." He whispers as they push through the large crowd so they're both at front along with Minho, leading.

The run through different sections and Thomas constantly let's out shouts of encouragement, but Evelyn's mind is clouded with everything she just left behind and what for? For all they know, there might be nothing out there. The dark haired boy's hand squeezes her's to bring her back, noticing her eyes drift off while they jog.