𝒔𝒊𝒙, fears

FEAR OF HER.
[ chapter six ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVERYTHING BLURS TOGETHER WHEN THOMAS WATCHES EVELYN COLLAPSE, and the doors are metres away from slamming shut. And before he even knows it, he is now the one that the Gladers are shouting at to come back. 
He squeezes through the tight gap, letting out a loud yell before falling to the floor on the other side, scrambling back slightly and turning to Minho.

"Good job." The asian pants, "You just killed yourself."

"Wait, what?" Thomas' eyebrows furrow as Minho sits the side, revealing Evelyn's and Alby's limp bodies.

He drops to the girl side, overlooking her body for injuries before glancing back at Minho, "What happened to her?"

"She passed out. The thought of being trapped in here got to her."

Thomas gently pats Evelyn's cheeks and shakes her shoulders, "Eve, wake up. Eve!"

Her eyes fly open and she catches his hand before it can touch her again. She furrows her eyebrows when she see Thomas, and for a moment she thought they had made it through, until the large stone walls came into view.

"Fuck." She groans, slowly standing up and rubbing her hands over her face before pointing aggressively at Thomas, "Why are you here?"

"He ran through." Minho tells her, hanging his head while still trying to collect his breath.

"You did what?" She almost shouts, her jaw clenching, "You are one dumb shank. Also, you don't get to call me Eve, you haven't earned that yet."

Thomas shakes his head, trying his best to ignore her words, before looking at Alby, "What happened to him?"

Evelyn slides onto the floor again, wiping the sweat off of her forehead and her breathing still heavier than an elephant, "What does it look like?"

"He got stung." Minho says, his eyes focused on the floor in front of him.

"What happened to his head?" Thomas leans forward slightly, noticing the red bulge on Alby's head.

"I did what I had to do." Evelyn pants, running her hands through her hair while they start to shake, the effects of the maze starting.

Thomas watches as she raises her head up to the sky, trying to collect herself but then the Grievers let out screeches and she shoots up, her hands going up to her ears in protest.