35) We Are Who We Are

🦋

"Love is usually a bad idea," Lavanya's brown orbs were fixed on the crispy white wine as she twirled the wine glass between her fingers and uttered the words.

Aadya, who was sitting at the dining table, had her eyes fixed on the entrance of the dining room as she was waiting for them patiently with her hands under her chin. She glanced at Lavanya when she heard her words.

"Why do you think so?" she asked, raising an brow.

"It's not like I don't believe in love. I do," Lavanya looked at Aadya over the rim of the glass and said it rather dryly.

"But love usually brings misery," she smirked at Aadya who frowned at her words. Lavanya traveled her gaze to the door, "What's taking Raj so long? " she wondered.

"I don't agree with you," Aadya said, after a minute bringing Lavanya's attention back to her.

"Love doesn't bring misery. It brings power. The whole world, me and you, everyone is surviving only because of the power of love. The true love which very few people have in their heart. The love I and you have in our heart," Aadya said, simply not making it sound like a philosophical thing.

I believe in the power of love because I have witnessed the power of love around me. Aadya justified her opinion.

"You have love in your heart ?" Lavanya chuckled, dryly taking another sip of the white wine she asked,"For my son or for all three of them?"

At the end, the words which were swirling in her mind and poking her heart every now and then were on the tip of her tongue.

Lavanya Rajawat was concerned for her son, like any other mother. She doesn't want her son to be someone's second or third choice.

Aadya grasped the hidden meaning behind Lavanya's words, she was worried for her son. What if Aadya would love and care for the other two more than for her son?

"I will be honest with you, ma'am," suddenly a poignance extent around her making her gulp in anxiousness, her fingers knotted together over her lap with her eyes getting closed for a second and again meeting the brown eyes which resembles Vikram's to very much extent.

"I don't love any of them," she whispered, speaking her mind to the woman who was least worried about her.

"Human mind is pretty fucked up. Sorry for using foul word," she gave her an apologetic smile, knowing very well that she was drawing a very bad image of herself in front of Lavanya.

Taking a sharp breath she fumbled the rings on her fingers, "We don't always get to choose what settles in our mind. Love for them, I don't have in my heart, at least not now," looking deep in her eyes she shook her head as if telling the truth to herself not Lavanya.

''But whatever I have for them is equal. No partiality, no priority, just equal. Equal amount of immense affection, it's countless I know. But it's there in my heart for them. Maybe this affection is only two steps away from becoming love or hundred miles away but whenever I cover that distance between affection and love I will be bound with three of them with the same thread. With all three of them not only one or two. I have this belief in myself that I can do this. I have a feeling that I can't live without any of them. It may sound weird but I want all three of them. To me for me.