35) We Are Who We Are

Start from the beginning

Not want. I need them only for me," her heart raced inside her rib cage and a shuttering tremble went down her body as she said those words.

Tearing her gaze away from Lanavya's and drank the cold water kept before her on the dining table.

She felt like someone had pinched her dry throat with a cactus as she drank the cold water in one go.

For the first time, she had said something which even she was finding too hard to comprehend in her mind.

It looked like she had stripped her emotions naked in front of Lavanya. It was the rawness of her words that made Aadya tremble in fear.

If the words are making her heart jump in her chest, what will she do when she will really fall in love with them?

However somehow her mind was not satisfied with the things she said, it wanted to say more. It wanted to snatch that judgemental look from Lavanya's eyes.

She wanted to shout at Lavanya and every other person in the eyes to stop giving that look to her.

"I said it before and I am saying it again. I believe in the power of love. My love can be slow, weird and something unthinkable of but it will definitely be pure, real and most importantly equal," she met her eyes and said, "I am going to fall in love with them, deeply and truly. I am sure about it. The day I will fall in love with them you will see it shining in my eyes, my words will be silent but my eyes will scream love for them, for each one of them."

For a moment, Lavanya saw a fire of love in Aadya's eyes, the fire which could burn you into ashes.

Glancing away from Aadya's blue green orbs she chuckled, shaking her head.

Her high heels click clack down the floor as she saunters out of the dining room with a glass of wine in her hand.

Aadya looked at her retrieving figure and sighed, she had said way too much.

She should start doing meditation again, her chakras are all over the places she should take control of it, soon.

She looked around at the dining room, it was the second time she was here. The first time being the night in which she had said yes for the marriage. That night also her mouth was running like Usain Bolt and it seems like the same thing is going to happen tonight.

Unconsciously, her hands travel to the pink pearl pendant sitting quietly over her marble skin, near to her thumping heart.

She played with it thinking about her little speech, it's not like she was unaware of the feelings she had for them, but she didn't know the feelings were this raw.

She wondered, what if Lavanya was right. Is love really a bad idea? Will it really bring misery with it?

No don't shake your beliefs Aadya, Love is power, you know it. We know it. Her subconscious said, guiding her like a mentor.

Closing her eyes she blew our air from her mouth, her words had realized that the love which was slowly brewing in her heart was genuine, it would definitely become her strength.

She will make this love her strength not her misery.

She promised herself.