18. Two Weeks to Detox the Boy

Start from the beginning

Tossing the book on the couch I rushed back toward my room.

"Where are you going?" Mom yelled after me and I stopped looking back at her. "I need you to set the table, lunch is almost ready."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be back in a sec, I forgot my phone upstairs," I said, turning back and rushing up the stairs.

I found my phone on the table next to my bed where I had left it last night, and snatched it up instantly. My stomach dropped when I saw that there was no text message. The fact that I had almost been expecting it was the real problem. I had gotten used to it, him taking the initiative, and that wasn't like me. It was time the roles were switched.

I flipped open the screen and typed Good morning.

Then I deleted it. And tried about five more iterations of the phrase before I decided I would just skip the hello altogether. The fact that I was so nervous about texting him first was concerning to say the least. I shook it off, and pressed send.

Sky

Soooo should I expect some random date today

Sky

to like your personal amusement park today or smthing?

Noah

Good morning to you too

Noah

actually the amusement park is closed today 

Sky

wait, you actually have an amusement park???

Noah

no, of course not

Noah

I was kidding

Sky

Oh... haha?

Noah

😂

Noah

And no date today sadly, I'm busy

Noah

Talk later

Sky

Okay

As soon as I sent the message my curiosity started burning through me and almost against my will, my fingers typed out another message.

Sky

Busy with what? 👀

I stared at the message for a few seconds, that felt more like minutes, when the sound of yelling made me jump.

"Skyler! Get your butt down here and help me set the table."

Sighing, I stuffed my phone in my pocket, and went back downstairs.