Tommy Will Never Lose a Job Again

Wilbur glared at Tommy.

Tommy glared back.

"So let me get this straight," Wilbur started rubbing his temple, "You were mugged by this," he pointed to Tommy who flipped him off, "kicked him, apologized, and are now giving him medical treatment??"

"Pretty much mate." Philza stood in the kitchen making sandwiches. Philza Minecraft was making sandwiches for lunch. Best day ever.

The house fell silent and Tommy found in everyone's best interest to harass Wilbur.

"Wilbur, Wilbur, your forehead is very large." Tommy observed.

Wilbur gauked at him, "What the fuck? Fuck off you fucking child."

"Hmm limited swear vocabulary too, do you need to read more books Wilbur?"

"Stop, I-" Wilbur clenched and unclenched his fists, "Phil why did you bring a feral child here?"

Phil placed a sandwich in front of the both, "He was hungry."

"He mugged you!"

He just shrugged, "Still a hungry child."

Wilbur just sighed and ate his sandwich in a dejected manner. He frowned and bit into it. Meanwhile the raccoon hybrid in his living room was destroying his sandwich. Almost gone by the time Wilbur has taken his first bite.

"Did you grow up in a barn?"

Tommy wiped his face with his arm, "An alley actually, but close enough."

"You scare me."

Tommy smiled. "Good."

He finished his sandwich and prepared an escape plan in his mind. Tommy didn't really need first aid, plus he'd rather not be with a bunch of heroes who we just tried to rob.

He stood and backed slowly towards the door. "Well thank you Philza Minecraft and Bitch for the conversation and the sandwiches, however I will be leaving now."

And Tommy ran out the door. Distantly, he could feel his ribs and stomach ache and he thought he heard Philza yell at him. He pulled two small triangle devices from his ears, tucking them into his pocket.

He didn't have anything to say that Tommy wanted to hear.

It was getting cold.

Colder that is to say, it was already winter when he left but this cold didn't seem right anymore.

Nothing did.

Everything felt like someone had moved it slightly to the left, but had left Tommy with no context or answers. Just went away and had Tommy alone figure out what it meant.

The sidewalk was cold. He could feel it through his shoes. He could feel the air pinch sharply at his face, his small hoodie not nearly enough to block out the bone-chilling cold.

It was time for work anyway.

»»———-  ———-««

"Hey Sam!"

Sam turned and looked to the boy that stood in the doorway of his shop Sam's Vinyls, an incredibly creative name, he knows. A surprised look came across the top of Sam's face, before turning into a worried one. "Hey kid. Whatcha doing here, you called off this morning."

Tommy waved a hand, "I was bored, turns out that calling off is probably not the best idea."

Sam shook his head with a small chuckle.