Anyone who knew gems could tell that the set cost at least hundreds of millions of yuan. They were surprised: Fang JunRong spoiled this daughter so much.

Anyone who ended up marrying Li XinYun, saying that they would shave off 10 years in their career path would be an understatement.

Many had thought about whether they had children around Li XinYun's age.

It wouldn't hurt to befriend for the odd chance that they could become Fang JunRong's son-in-law. Nevertheless, nobody would bring up something like that on a date like this. That would be offensive to the host.

In addition to the set of jadeite head ornaments, the other present that Fang JunRong had given to XinYun was an entire building located in the heart of the city, adding more wealth to her already impressive net worth.

Should XinYun's business fail, she could always resort to being a landlady.

Looking at how proud her daughter was, Fang JunRong felt a burning ache in her nose. She had changed the fate of many in this lifetime but nothing made her happier than changing the tragic end of her daughter.

Li XinYun's debutante ended under everyone's envious look and her status within the family could not have been clearer.

Chapter 355 - Why Did the Turtle Eat the Cookies? (2)

As the banquet ended sort of late, Fang JunRong thought that XinYun would sleep in today as well. Unexpectedly, XinYun got up early in the morning.

XinYun yawned as she said to Fang JunRong, "It's a classmate's birthday today so we made plans to go to karaoke together and that will also double as her birthday celebration."

Fang JunRong smiled at her, "Must be someone you are close with then."

As lazy as this girl was, she would probably rather be home sleeping otherwise. It had been a rough few days leading up to her birthday banquet.

Li XinYun chomped down on the fruit. She felt that she had been revived after she had finished an apple. "Mmm, yeah. We were always in the same class starting grade school all the way through senior high school and our birthdays are only one day apart. What are the odds of that, right?"

She had a point there.

Fang JunRong asked, "You have a gift ready?"

"Of course, since a long time ago."

Something suddenly occurred to Li XinYun. "Speaking of, I had a nightmare last night. I don't remember all the details but I remember the part that my face was ruined and I killed myself by jumping off of a building."

She still had lingering fear after she had woken up. Luckily, it was just a nightmare.

For some inexplicable reason, she felt hatred whenever she thought about Li ShiZe and Li WangJin.

Could it have to do with the nightmare that she had the night before?

Hearing her words, Fang JunRong hand that was holding onto a fork paused.

She said to XinYun, "It was just a dream." That was right. That would not happen in this lifetime.

Her daughter would be happy and healthy for life and her life had just started.

Li XinYun did not know her mother's thoughts but also didn't spend too much time dwelling on her dream.

Her plan was to get a makeover so she could attend her friend's birthday dinner in her best self.